ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work visa - which is the best way?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

PG1983

Work visa - which is the best way?

Post by PG1983 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:42 am

My cousin is in India and wants to come and work here for some time. He was previously posted here for about 1.5 years on a Work Permit. I understand that Tier 1 and Work Permit are no more and therefore he needs to have a firm job offer and apply for Tier 2 visa (provided he qualifies under the points system). Is this correct? Is there any other options for him?

Thanks,

madona587
Member of Standing

Re: Work visa - which is the best way?

Post by madona587 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:25 pm

PG1983 wrote:My cousin is in India and wants to come and work here for some time. He was previously posted here for about 1.5 years on a Work Permit. I understand that Tier 1 and Work Permit are no more and therefore he needs to have a firm job offer and apply for Tier 2 visa (provided he qualifies under the points system). Is this correct? Is there any other options for him?

Thanks,
No other good options. there are options like Tier1 exceptional talented etc but these options are almost out of reach.

He need a job offer in UK, a Restricted COS, If the job is not a shortage occupation list the company has to do a RLMT and the company must be willing to pay the required amount according to SOC on top of all this there is a limit on number of skilled immigrants who can come to UK annually (Around 20,000) so if the limit is reached even with everything else satisfied he still can't come to UK.

Also its good to keep in mind there are rumours and hints from home office that everyone who got their Tier2 after April 2011 will lose the right to permanent residence at the end of 5 years. (This is yet to be confirmed officially)
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on :)