ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need urgent clarification for my ILR application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jeet2012
Newly Registered

Need urgent clarification for my ILR application

Post by jeet2012 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:34 pm

Hi,

I am new to this forum and i would like to thank you all for your exceptional help and service you are providing to them who seek your advice.

I have a great hope that i will get the precise answers of my below doubts,

I need urgent clarifications of these questions and appreciate if you give me urgent answers.

My Questions:

I am eligible to apply my ILR after 15th March 2012. I was on Workpermit (15th march 2007) for 2 years and then i was on Tier 1 general (15th april 2009). I am completing my 5 years next by 15th of march 2012

1. I have booked an appointment on 24th march 2012 on premium service. However my wife (who is tier 1 dependent) is completing continuous 2 years of stay on 4th of April 2012. She came here 4th April 2010. Will there be any issues if i apply on 24th march 2012 along with my wife and kid (please note that she is not completing 2 years by 24th march 2012)

2. In my last 5 years of stay here i was out of this country for 183 days which is more than 6 months. However out of 183 days i was on official tour of 70 days for which my ex employer has agreed to give me a letter stating that i was on official tour for these 70 days.
My doubt is, whom should i address this letter and what should be the exact content of this letter.

3. My can produce below documents for my wife who is applying as a dependent with me. However i don't have all the documents for last 2 years.
I can show her bank statement whcih was opened 1 year ago, some NHS letter which was issued to her, NHS card.

Can you please review my case and let me know if apply for ILR will there be any rejection of my application.

I need urgent answers for the above questions.

Thanks & Regards,
Jeet

vinaya

Post by vinaya » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:48 pm

1) Your wife has not completed 2 years, so I would wait until the 4th April if you still have valid leave to remain. If not you will have to apply for ILR and then apply for FLR M for your wife before applying for your wife's ILR.

2)you can address theletter to the UKBA or to 'to whomsoever it may concern'

3) I cannot give a definite answer on this one, may be other could, when I applied for my ILR along with my wife's , I was asked to give 2 diffrent documents for each year for my wife and myself, spanning evenly thro the year. ie one in the month of feb and one in the month of Nov...

vinaya

Post by vinaya » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:50 pm

see sticky for employer letter for UK absences

jeet2012
Newly Registered

Post by jeet2012 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:45 pm

Thanks for all your prompt answers. Much appreciated guys.

If i wife is completing her 2 years on 4th april 2012, can't she apply before 28 days. I think i have read somewhere that she is eligible after 1 year 11 months, However i am not 100% sure.

The reason i am trying to apply on 24th march as i got an appointment for that day. I am not getting any appointment for april 2012.

Thanks
Jeet

jeet2012
Newly Registered

Post by jeet2012 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:02 pm

One more thing, my wife visa (dependent tier 1 partner) was issued from India on 15th march 2010 but she entered in uk on 4th april 2010. does that mean she is not eligible to apply with me on 24th march 2012?
Can she apply when she completes 1 year and 11 months?

Thanks,
Jeet

m.j

Re: Need urgent clarification for my ILR application

Post by m.j » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:48 pm

jeet2012 wrote:Hi,

I am new to this forum and i would like to thank you all for your exceptional help and service you are providing to them who seek your advice.

I have a great hope that i will get the precise answers of my below doubts,

I need urgent clarifications of these questions and appreciate if you give me urgent answers.

My Questions:

I am eligible to apply my ILR after 15th March 2012. I was on Workpermit (15th march 2007) for 2 years and then i was on Tier 1 general (15th april 2009). I am completing my 5 years next by 15th of march 2012

1. I have booked an appointment on 24th march 2012 on premium service. However my wife (who is tier 1 dependent) is completing continuous 2 years of stay on 4th of April 2012. She came here 4th April 2010. Will there be any issues if i apply on 24th march 2012 along with my wife and kid (please note that she is not completing 2 years by 24th march 2012)

2. In my last 5 years of stay here i was out of this country for 183 days which is more than 6 months. However out of 183 days i was on official tour of 70 days for which my ex employer has agreed to give me a letter stating that i was on official tour for these 70 days.
My doubt is, whom should i address this letter and what should be the exact content of this letter.

3. My can produce below documents for my wife who is applying as a dependent with me. However i don't have all the documents for last 2 years.
I can show her bank statement whcih was opened 1 year ago, some NHS letter which was issued to her, NHS card.

Can you please review my case and let me know if apply for ILR will there be any rejection of my application.

I need urgent answers for the above questions.

Thanks & Regards,
Jeet
Just want to mention one thing, the way things are going on in UK, you never know there might be some changes in the rule for ILR from April onwards. So keep that in mind before deciding whether you plan to have ILR in April along with your wife or have yours done at the earliest and then apply separately for your wife later in April.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:01 pm

jeet2012 wrote: The reason i am trying to apply on 24th march as i got an appointment for that day. I am not getting any appointment for april 2012.

Thanks
Jeet
You can only book appointments 42 days ie 6 weeks in advance. Wait for couple of days more and then booking in April will be possible.

ban.s

Re: Need urgent clarification for my ILR application

Post by ban.s » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:07 pm

m.j wrote:
Just want to mention one thing, the way things are going on in UK, you never know there might be some changes in the rule for ILR from April onwards.
Rules don't normally change overnight without advance notice, consultation etc. Changes to ILR policies are in the pipeline especially for applicants qualifying in 2016 but as of now there is no proposal for any changes from April.