ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fast track ILR Application More Docs Needed- Waiting Time?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

KAYTEEB
Newly Registered

Fast track ILR Application More Docs Needed- Waiting Time?

Post by KAYTEEB » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:33 pm

Hi,

I had applied and paid for fast tracking ilr application service in Croydon. Ilr Set9M) application. The appointment was last friday & they said i needed 3 more bank statements and when i received them to post them within 10 days. However, i needed to fly to Guernsey to get these statements & today i went back to Croydon with my receipt of application and documents. The man on the 2nd flloor told me i would have to post them but i didn't see why as i had paid the money. I then went downstairs explained the full story to the woman behind the desk who didn't understand why i was made get more statements. She told me she would take the documents and they would be posted to Liverpool and all my documents and passport would be posted back to me once approved.

My question is has anyone been in a similar situation where they paid money for same day ilr and ended up having to wait. If so how long would you think it will take? I had done it this way as i wanted to go home to visit my mother and i've also after 3 months of hard searching found a job and this has affected my starting time. Any help would be appreciated.

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:51 pm

It's fairly frequent. Once an application joins the postal queue, it isn't given any special priority, even though the premium fee has been taken.
Why do you believe this will delay the starting date of your new job? You still have the same legal right to employment while your visa application is being processed.

pkp
Newly Registered

Post by pkp » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:59 pm

Casa wrote:It's fairly frequent. Once an application joins the postal queue, it isn't given any special priority, even though the premium fee has been taken.
Why do you believe this will delay the starting date of your new job? You still have the same legal right to employment while your visa application is being processed.
I am in same situation , I applied last friday PEO and was requested for additional docs and posted the same yesterday back to Home Office so I am little concerned about the status of my application I need to travel on business in next 1 week time.

KAYTEEB
Newly Registered

Post by KAYTEEB » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:01 pm

So i could be looking at 2- 3 months maybe ??

It has affected it alreayd as they re scheduled the first app and then the second one then having to fly to Guernsey it has postponed my start date date. I'm just hoping that's it now . Pretty sickening that i had to pay extra for a service i now don't get. :)

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:23 pm

KAYTEEB wrote:So i could be looking at 2- 3 months maybe ?? Regrettably, yes you could be.

It has affected it alreayd as they re scheduled the first app and then the second one then having to fly to Guernsey it has postponed my start date date. I'm just hoping that's it now . Pretty sickening that i had to pay extra for a service i now don't get. :)

KAYTEEB
Newly Registered

Post by KAYTEEB » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:36 pm

Thank you :)

I will let you know what happens

GD78

Post by GD78 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:46 pm

How many bank statements did you submit with the initial application? Did they want more than the last 3 months statements?

InshAllah you will get a positive decision soon.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:06 pm

did they provide you any address slip for submission of additional documents?

my wife's ILR was put on hold as she didn't carry P60s from her first WP period. the P60s were mailed to PEO within 3 days and ILR stamped within 4 days of receipt of the documents by UKBA.

So you may get a decision sooner.