ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Glasgow peo, ILR success work permit(3 dependents) 16.2.12

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vinsha
Newly Registered

Glasgow peo, ILR success work permit(3 dependents) 16.2.12

Post by vinsha » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:41 pm

First of all thanks to this forum which was very helpull for my application help...
I applied today as a work permit holder( 1 employer only) with my 3 dependents. Appointment booked 11.40 a.m, recieved passport back 15.30p.m
Documents submitted.
1= Employer latter stated s.o.c code and wages( should match with ukba web)
2= Bank statement 3 months( unfortunate got £800 transferred in my account was bit worried for that) But nothing been asked.
3= Three months wages slips.
4= Work permit extention latter from home office( Lost the first one) got a copy of the lost one, but just kept for the back up in case they ask, but never been asked.
5= life in uk pass notification for me and my wife.
6=Birth certificate for my son(who born here)
7=council tax bill for 2 years in my name.
8=latter from council in my wife name mentioning she is staying on same address from 2009 onwards and 1 latter from NHS in her name.
9=Marriage certificate.
10= Tenancy agreement.
11=Only one latest p60.
Reach their at 11.00(with all dependents) After security check given my appointment latter to lady at reception, She ask only my passport, and ask me to wait in reception area, after 10 minutes she gave me the ticket no. and said you will be called. Well the no. came around 12.40, went to window and given my documents, caseworker was quiet friendly he apologies for waiting because the system was slow, then he took my documents and ask me what are u applying for? Said under work permit with 3 dependents, how many employers you work for me . When i said only one he answered that makes my life easy..and smile. Then he ask me wait in reception area because he gonna check my papers. After 15 minutes being called again and he said everything seems to be o.k, and ask me to come after around 1.30 hour...Came back and the guy said Congratulation you been granted...... :D

tanvirni

Post by tanvirni » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:59 am

Congratulations!!!

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:48 am

Did you know you didn’t need to apply ILR for your son who was born in UK; instead you could have directly applied for his British Naturalization after getting your ILR.

vinsha
Newly Registered

Post by vinsha » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:23 pm

Yes i knew it threw this forum only, but I m going india this week with family....thats why dont want to wait for that, also not sure yet to go for british passports.....Thanks anyway

legit2011

Post by legit2011 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:49 pm

@vinsha...congratulations...at what point did you pay for your application..was it at the point where the lady gave you a number?....
if it is that means you paid the full amount before the second lady checked your application...am i right to assume that...
i understand some PEO...they check your application to see if everything is ok before you are directed to pay.....thus giving you an opportunity to change your mind and not continue with the application process should in case something is spotted which may lead to denial on your application prior to you paying the bulk amount..does this happen in glasgow PEO..i understand it does in sollihul...is that right

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:59 pm

Thanks for the update vinsha. That’s was I was guessing if you have plans to travel soon, you can’t afford to wait for British Passports.

vinsha
Newly Registered

Post by vinsha » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:39 pm

Well they take the payments from your set o banking detail , you dont really pay by card or any other mode, But i think they dont take payment until hey check the papers, once they say your papers are fine and you can come back to collect passport, I think they take the payments at they point.....

ILR_hopefully
Newly Registered

Post by ILR_hopefully » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:06 pm

vinsha wrote:Well they take the payments from your set o banking detail , you dont really pay by card or any other mode, But i think they dont take payment until hey check the papers, once they say your papers are fine and you can come back to collect passport, I think they take the payments at they point.....
Congratulations Vinsha!
I wonder if you had many absences? Also, what form of payment did you choose? Did you leave card details and they charged the fee based on the payment details provided in the application form?

ilraspirant

Post by ilraspirant » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:20 pm

congratulations.

vinsha
Newly Registered

Post by vinsha » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:50 pm

No i didn,t had much absent , and they took the payment from the provided bank details on form........