ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

International Student

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

missmelanie
Newly Registered

International Student

Post by missmelanie » Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:51 am

Hello Guys,

I wonder if anyone can help. My little sister is at university doing a degree is Social sciences, she failed the first year because of one module and has been told that she cannot go onto the 2nd year and will have to repeat the module which only lasts three months of the whole year. my question is with her being an international student will she be allowed to work full time after she has completed the module

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:58 pm

The rules state that you may work full time outside 'term time' i.e. during vacation/ holiday time.....so it depends on whether the time post her completion of the module fits this pattern. It may likely be that some of the period is 'term time' = can't work full time hence 20 hrs/week and some is 'not term time' = can work full time. Hope that helps.

missmelanie
Newly Registered

Post by missmelanie » Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:49 am

:) Thank you for your reply, what you are basically saying is even though the module she is repeating will last three months of the year, she will only be allowed to work full time during the specified holidays of that 9 months and during the specified term time although she will have no studies she will only be allowed to work 20 hours

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:20 pm

Yes.