ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I need urgent help!!!

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

neenad100
Newly Registered

I need urgent help!!!

Post by neenad100 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:22 pm

Hello,

I need some suggestions urgently!

I have done BSc degree from my home country (non-EU) and completed MBA from a UK university with Distinction. Now I just got the post study work visa which will be finished at January, 2014. I am doing some part time jobs and looking for a full time job right now.

As I am trying very hard to get a full time position, recently I was invited to give a numerical SHL test online for an organisation, I have practised thoroughly then completed the test. now I got a mail from them to attend to a assessment day.

Basically, as I dont know much about the TIER 2 and sponsorship, I have some confusion that if they ask that if I need any work permit to work in the UK, what should I say?

One of my friend told me that, if someone having a post study work visa and get a job which salary is more than £20000(year), after 6 month, he can apply for TIER-2 Visa and dont need to have a sponsorship because he came from post study work background.

If I have any job offer, do I need to ask the employer that if they are going to sponsor me in future? I have heard that asking about sponsorship will have a negative effect in the recruitment process.

I know I can work full time in this post study work period. But if I get a full time job, what will be my next step to work in the UK?

I am sorry, if I asked any stupid question. I am quite worried about this situation.

please give me some suggestions...

thank you.

neenad100

toddjones
Newly Registered

Post by toddjones » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:37 am

Its bad to ask about sponsorship during interview time. It will affect your selection

DavidEthan
BANNED

Post by DavidEthan » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:40 am

Yes. It is not good asking sponsorship a the time of interview. Once you job is confirmed, may be you can query for the sponsorship.

Deepshithole2010

Post by Deepshithole2010 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:25 pm

Answering your original query....being employed for 6 months doesn't guarantee you a tier 2 work permit, all it does is you are exempted from the restricted allotment of COS and you can get unrestricted COS and also without undergoing RLMT as you would be exempted.