ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent-please help, Ilr - decision pending

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

generic123

Urgent-please help, Ilr - decision pending

Post by generic123 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:30 pm

Hi guys, i would be really really thankful if someone can help me out if there's a way to track my application or expedite my application

Have applied Ilr (set o) through same day service 1 month 1 week ago through solicitor, they asked us to submit more documentation ( p&l details for my ltd company, accountant letter etc) , after I submitted them by post, they replied saying that they can't find the accountant and asked me to send a letter from icaew confirming my accountant is a registerd accountant. Have also sent that letter 10 days ago. Haven't heard anything back from ukba after that.

My current visa is going to expire in 2 weeks, am going through lot of mental pressure, trying to see what I can do.

Is there absolutely no way that I can track my application? Tried calling them but looks like they don't give any status updates for any applications sent within last 6 months
Is there any way I can expedite the process at all? Have sent a request letter again today to ukba
How do I proceed , what should I do now, can someone please please suggest.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:48 pm

No need for mental pressure. You have rights under section 3C, which maintains your existing rights until a decision is made.

Therefore if you are currently in employment, you can continue doing so.

The only thing is travelling might be a but tricky.

Relax an wait. If you case was not strong they might have returned it before your visa expires , to deny you a right of appeal. The fact it is still there is a good sign.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

generic123

Post by generic123 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:15 am

Thank you very much for your reply. As my visa is going to expire in 2 weeks, do u suggest me wait for another week and withdraw the application if I still don't receive a feedback. Main reason why am worried is - what if they refuse the application after my current visa is expired?

drzeevoh73

Post by drzeevoh73 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:25 am

Dont worry if they reject your application they will give you right to appeal. Can you explain if your was a straight forward case or not, like more than 180 days outside uk or any conviction etc.

generic123

Post by generic123 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:36 am

I wasn't outside uk more than 150 days, had all the requirements met.
Only thing is I was permanent employee for the first 4 years and started doing contracting job from last 1 year through my own limited company which is why I had to submit accountant letter,p&l statements etc etc.

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:47 am

generic123 wrote:I wasn't outside uk more than 150 days, had all the requirements met.
Only thing is I was permanent employee for the first 4 years and started doing contracting job from last 1 year through my own limited company which is why I had to submit accountant letter,p&l statements etc etc.
good question. through out 4 years of my hsmp and tier 1 i'm working as a contractor and will be a contracter until i apply for ILR ?

can i have any problem being a contractor ??

khalidmirza
Member of Standing

Post by khalidmirza » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:04 am

fahadz1 wrote:
generic123 wrote:I wasn't outside uk more than 150 days, had all the requirements met.
good question. through out 4 years of my hsmp and tier 1 i'm working as a contractor and will be a contracter until i apply for ILR ?

If you are not employed normally, you have two options 1) To have a limited company registered and be employed in your own company either as a Director or secretary etc. In this case company accounts must be done by a qualified accountant. Your payslips should be generated profit/loss accounts should be done, must have a business account and keep copies of contracts under taken and payments etc. 2) OR you can be self employed as a contractor. In this case less paper work is required like you must be registered with HMRC as self employed paying class 2 insurance, keep invoices , record of income in your account(may not be a business account), copies of contract and accountant should do your accounts and give you a letter. Accountant being qualified but working in a company which is not registered has been the latest issue in many cases. Try avoiding such unregistered companies as qualified accountant is giving your accounts on a paper with a logo of this unregistered company. That really creates problem

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:22 am

khalidmirza wrote:
fahadz1 wrote:

If you are not employed normally, you have two options 1) To have a limited company registered and be employed in your own company either as a Director or secretary etc. In this case company accounts must be done by a qualified accountant. Your payslips should be generated profit/loss accounts should be done, must have a business account and keep copies of contracts under taken and payments etc. 2) OR you can be self employed as a contractor. In this case less paper work is required like you must be registered with HMRC as self employed paying class 2 insurance, keep invoices , record of income in your account(may not be a business account), copies of contract and accountant should do your accounts and give you a letter. Accountant being qualified but working in a company which is not registered has been the latest issue in many cases. Try avoiding such unregistered companies as qualified accountant is giving your accounts on a paper with a logo of this unregistered company. That really creates problem
I'm employed as a contractor and running my ltd company as director. i take dividends only no salary etc.
i dont have copy of contracts how ever i have invoices

khalidmirza
Member of Standing

Post by khalidmirza » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:15 am

fahadz1 wrote:
khalidmirza wrote:
fahadz1 wrote:

I'm employed as a contractor and running my ltd company as director. i take dividends only no salary etc.
i dont have copy of contracts how ever i have invoices
Being Director and taking no salary but only dividend is ok. But I do not understand you being contractor. Are you self employed registered with HMRC as well. Please help us all .Contractors do not work for one company. Are you taking contracts for you own company or working free lancer as a contractor

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:20 pm

i'm running my own company. I'm employed at the moment with my employer but not as a permanent staff but as a contrator.

My ltd company is for side businesss.

I am not registered with HMRC. I'm not asole trader.... hope it make sense