ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help required Applied for ILR Premium Waiting

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vtp11321
Newly Registered

Help required Applied for ILR Premium Waiting

Post by vtp11321 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:04 am

Hello All,

I had applied for my ILR on the 17th of Feb in Croydon PEO. I was on WP (initially for 3 years) than moved to Tier (1) General. I was eligible to apply for the ILR back in November, however, as I had to travel, I did not apply till Feb. My current leave to remain expires by 10 MAY 2012.

Due to complication in my case on absences related to business (two absences above 90 days as I was on assignment), the case worker could not make the decision immediately and she issued a letter saying that my application is valid, however, they need to do further enquiries. She did advise that she has to pass the case to some of the Senior officer (I heard her mention Refusal officer and Chief officer .. or something of that sorts). I did let her know due to the nature of my job, I had to travel in the month of March, she specifically asked me the date and I had advised her on a Mid March Date. She made a note of this in front of me to treat is as urgent case because of my travel commitment, however, I am not sure how much this counts.

Now, it will be 2 weeks by this friday and my employer has told me that I may need to travel soon. I saw Jami's post about sending a politely worded complain letter to UKBA so that they would treat my case urgently or should I withdraw my application?

Has anyone written a similar letter to PEO? Also, is it true that they would treat this from a Premium application to an ordinary Postal Application which would queue up my application for another 6-8 weeks?

jaskiratbaweja

Post by jaskiratbaweja » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:21 am

There are quite a few people on the boards who have had similar case to yours.

Applications which are not decided on same day usually seem to be two scenarios : -

1) An Absence(s) longer than 90 days at a time in which case they give application is valid but further checks needed letter

2) Other applications where caseworker requests some additional documentation e.g letter from employer with more details or a P60 or additional bank statements or accountant details

Usually people hear back with the decision in 2-3 weeks time. It definitely does not go to the postal queue.

The do mention refusal team or something but actually it is going to senior case worker (SCW) who has the discretion to sign off/approve longer business absences.

I hope you will hear back soon with the ILR approved.

vtp11321
Newly Registered

Post by vtp11321 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:44 am

Thanks for the encouragement. Its so hard to wait. I know a couple of us have waited months before anything came through. I did give my Employer's letter stating my role in the assignment as well as why I had to go.

I would appreciate any answer on the above questions I have posed. Do I send them a letter asking to process immediately?

Other option is to go through local MP (but I am not sure how this works as well).

ranga_12345

Post by ranga_12345 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:05 pm

vtp11321 wrote:Thanks for the encouragement. Its so hard to wait. I know a couple of us have waited months before anything came through. I did give my Employer's letter stating my role in the assignment as well as why I had to go.

I would appreciate any answer on the above questions I have posed. Do I send them a letter asking to process immediately?

Other option is to go through local MP (but I am not sure how this works as well).

Hi vtp, Any updates on your application ?

vtp11321
Newly Registered

Post by vtp11321 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:06 am

No ranga...nothing yet...how about you and everyone in a similar boat? Any responses?

ranga_12345

Post by ranga_12345 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:21 pm

Hi Vtp,

Nothing so far on my application. But few have got - Please see the below thread

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=96401

Regards,
Ranga