ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Translator of supporting documents for Family Visitor Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

david240
Newly Registered

Post by david240 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:59 pm

My fiancée is a visa-national who obtained Indefinite Leave to Remain after 6 years as a live-in domestic worker in UK. Two years later, she wants to invite and sponsor (paying for flights and providing accommodation) her mother to visit for a month to attend our wedding and meet my family (I am a British national), as well as do a little sightseeing afterwards.

We are preparing the necessary supporting documents. Her mother has sent us scans of various documents illustrating her established home life, and it appears we need to provide an English translation of each one for her to submit with her family visitor visa application. One question is can the visa applicant, or me as the future son-in-law, or another contact in the UK, provide the own translations, of course putting their signature and contact information?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:25 am

What are these documents you want translating into English?

david240
Newly Registered

Post by david240 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:05 pm

Evidence of house ownership, utility bills, local tax statements, bank statements, pension certificates, marriage cert, late husband's death cert: that document her established home life in her country; plus receipts to back up commitments such as paying for her daughter to attend the university there.

MelC

Post by MelC » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:28 pm

some embassies will accept personal translations, but I would suggest that they be done by an translation office in the country that your future MiL resides, generally this is usually much cheaper than doing it in the UK,

you could translate and perhaps a solicitor who can verify the translations could notorise the translations for you?

family visit visa's can be very difficult from some VN countries, the reason for your future MiL's visit sounds like a very genuine reason to visit, and If you and your fiance state this I hope that the app is successful.

but think carefully about the translations, "doing it on the cheap" isn't always the best way, any document submitted that is not in english must have an english translation generally.

you could always ask at the embassy where your future MiL would be applying, you might go to the trouble of translating and getting notorisation only to find it must be official....

good luck
MelC