ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

7 years lawfull Stay-Do i Qualify ?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nabeelshan
Newly Registered

7 years lawfull Stay-Do i Qualify ?

Post by nabeelshan » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:46 pm

Hi all
I came in the united kingdom on a Student visa in 2005 ..got married to a British Citizen in 2009 and granted Spouse visa in 2010 ..got Indefinite Leave to Remain on basis of marriage in feb 2012...I lived lawfully 7 years ...My CRB is Clean and no driving offense
My question is do i qualify for Naturalization now ? or do i have to wait 12 months before i apply for Naturalization ??

Any Suggestions ??

Thanks in advance

cricinfo

Re: 7 years lawfull Stay-Do i Qualify ?

Post by cricinfo » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:50 pm

nabeelshan wrote:Hi all
I came in the united kingdom on a Student visa in 2005 ..got married to a British Citizen in 2009 and granted Spouse visa in 2010 ..got Indefinite Leave to Remain on basis of marriage in feb 2012...I lived lawfully 7 years ...My CRB is Clean and no driving offense
My question is do i qualify for Naturalization now ? or do i have to wait 12 months before i apply for Naturalization ??

Any Suggestions ??

Thanks in advance
As a spouse of BC you don't have to wait 12 months. You can apply straightaway after ILR if you meet other standard requirements

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: 7 years lawfull Stay-Do i Qualify ?

Post by Jambo » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:51 pm

nabeelshan wrote:Hi all
Yes. No need to wait.

See Q1 in FAQ - most common questions.