ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

naturalisation after ILR based on 5yr WP , married to BC

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

davidoff
Newly Registered

naturalisation after ILR based on 5yr WP , married to BC

Post by davidoff » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:16 pm

Hi Guys,
I received my ILR Jan 2012, based on 5yr WP holder. I got married in Aug 2011 my wife is British Citizen. Do I need to wait for 12 months qualifying period or can I apply now?

Can anyone help?

Thanks

cricinfo

Re: naturalisation after ILR based on 5yr WP , married to BC

Post by cricinfo » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:30 pm

davidoff wrote:Hi Guys,
I received my ILR Jan 2012, based on 5yr WP holder. I got married in Aug 2011 my wife is British Citizen. Do I need to wait for 12 months qualifying period or can I apply now?

Can anyone help?

Thanks
As a spouse of BC you don't to wait 12 months after ILR. You can apply straightaway if you meet other requirements
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=95747

davidoff
Newly Registered

Post by davidoff » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:40 pm

Thanks cricinfo
My query is because my ILR was based on work permit not marriage. Would that make any difference on the qualifying time.
I have also called a couple different immigration advisor some say you can apply for naturalisation straight away some say you have to wait 12 months. That is why I'm confused.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:00 pm

It doesn't matter on what basis ILR was granted. If you wish, you can apply as a spouse of BC. No need to wait 12 months and the residential period required is 3 years.