ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Post Office unable to read Biometrics Letter Barcode

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

doconner

Post Office unable to read Biometrics Letter Barcode

Post by doconner » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:44 am

I received my Biometrics letter for my Tier 1 Extension application yesterday, and went to the Post Office in Battersea this morning. After several failed attempts to read each of the two barcodes on the Biometrics letter, I was told that they weren't able to proceed.

I was told that this occasionally happens, and the only thing I can do is call the Home Office and request a new letter with a new barcode.

I have instead made an appointment at the PEO in Croydon for Tuesday morning. My hope is that if they have a reader that is unable to read the barcode, that they will be able to sort it out while I'm there, instead of waiting for who knows how long for them to send out a replacement letter.

A few questions:

- Has anyone else heard of any experiences where barcodes on Biometrics letters were unreadable?

- Am I foolishly thinking that if the PEO on Croydon is unable to read the barcode on Tuesday when I arrive in person, that they will sort it out while I'm there. If they are just going to tell me that I have to wait for another letter to arrive, I'd prefer not to wait 5 days before I request the new letter.

- If I were to request a new letter today, would it invalidate the letter that I currently have that I wish to use when I show up at the PEO?

Cheers,
Duane

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:01 am

The PEO don't require the barcode, only the post office need this.

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:12 am

no need to request any new letter. just go to the PEO for biometrics, they dont need the barcode anyhooz

after you finish biometrics, tell them before leaving that the barcode was not scannable at PO
Manka

doconner

Post by doconner » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:24 am

Thanks for those responses, it's great news that the PEO won't rely on the barcode.

I had always planned on going to the Post Office to submit my biometrics that I never pursued an answer to something that has always confused me about booking the appointment.

Am I correct in assuming that I just book an appointment for as a Tier-1 - non premium?

I see options for BR1, BR2, BR3, BR4, and not sure that I made the appropriate booking.

cheers,
Duane

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:32 am

doconner wrote:Thanks for those responses, it's great news that the PEO won't rely on the barcode.

I had always planned on going to the Post Office to submit my biometrics that I never pursued an answer to something that has always confused me about booking the appointment.

Am I correct in assuming that I just book an appointment for as a Tier-1 - non premium?

I see options for BR1, BR2, BR3, BR4, and not sure that I made the appropriate booking.

cheers,
Duane
You are applying for Tier 1 general - so yes - tier 1 general is the appropriate option.

BR1-BR4 have nothing to do with PBS - they are for Bulgarian/Romanian nationals applying for residence documentation.