ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa application granted under false pretences

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Brit Chick

Visa application granted under false pretences

Post by Brit Chick » Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:09 pm

Who would you contact if you knew that someone had been granted a visit visa to the UK by submitting fraudulent documents with their application?

ps) I'm asking this on behalf of someone else and the circumstances behind the query are quite complex and sensitive.

ppron747
inactive

Post by ppron747 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:29 pm

If I felt strongly enough about it, I'd write to the Entry Clearance Manager at the post that issued the visa. Contact details here, on the Foreign Office website, with a copy to
UKvisas
Foreign and Commonwealth Office
King Charles Street
London
SW1A 2AH
|| paul R.I.P, January, 2007
Want a 2nd opinion? One will be along shortly....

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:35 pm

Brit Chick wrote:Who would you contact if you knew that someone had been granted a visit visa to the UK by submitting fraudulent documents with their application?

ps) I'm asking this on behalf of someone else and the circumstances behind the query are quite complex and sensitive.
Note that for such allegations (as they are at this stage) to be substantiated you would have to understandably be prepared for your details to be divulged raising the prospects of libel/slander were it be the case you were actually wrong.

Brit Chick

Post by Brit Chick » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:13 pm

Thanks for the info, will pass the details on :)

Jeff Albright

Post by Jeff Albright » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:14 pm

I have read that IND Customer Focus Team (formerly INDCU) can deal with this but they are there for in-country affairs, i.e. if that person is already in the country.

Good point from Kayalami, as always. If you just report someone like this, it will probably fall on deaf ears - you have to submit some substantial evidence on this and pester them with letters and calls, kill plenty of your own time before your request is taken seriously. If out of country, UK Visas are a bit more organised so perhaps it won't take that long........ but ask yourself first - what benefit will you get for yourself? Will you get a Reward?! :o

ppron747
inactive

Post by ppron747 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:44 pm

I don't think it is necessary to pester them at all. If one considers something to be worth reporting, surely one reports it, then moves on, having done so?

Pestering could well cast doubts on in the informant's motives which could in turn bring into question the genuineness of the report.
|| paul R.I.P, January, 2007
Want a 2nd opinion? One will be along shortly....

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:12 pm

George Orwell, 1984, do you really want to be part of that?
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

simar

Post by simar » Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:26 pm

Brit Chick
Another point to note. I guess even the foregn post office might not like to admit its mistake ( if that is case) so easily. As will show of its failure of properly doing work .
In office culture every one helps everyone. I remember one bbc panaroma program on scotish case where fingure print reports of many criminal cases are wrong declared as matching. But no body in the police admit it for long time & people have spend long time in prison

So be perpare for all situations.