ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

bank statement wuestion

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bank statement wuestion

Post by 2036789 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:18 pm

hi my wifes spouse visa is due to expires on the 22nd on the March, i have her in for the sameday service at croydon on 19th mar.

i have my past 3 months bank statement, but didnt have her last 3 statement, so i went to the bank to order them and they sent all last 3 statetments on one page and it doesnt look like the ones you get in the post will this be ok

also does she even need to show her last 3 months statement as i am the one working and supporting her so all the in and outs are showing on my account and we dont even use her account
MM

Post by 2036789 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:41 pm

anyone???
MM

Smam

Post by Smam » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:30 pm

Hi

To the best of my knowledge you dont need your wifes bank statements to prove any income as you have mentioned that you are the sole earner of the house and not your wife.

You might need your wifes bank statements as co-hab docs which proves that you and your wife live together and share the same address. For this purpose you can use your wife bank statements as you have said that you have received your wifes bank statements in the post to your home address.

Please do kindly share your PEO experience that would be great help.

Best of luck for your appointment for ILR.

Many thanks.

Post by 2036789 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:08 pm

hi guys thanks for your help

also i wish i read the requirements for ilr before because i have thrown away alot of letters. my got her visa jan 2010 and thats when she came and visa expires 22.03.2012
do the documents have to cover each month and do they need to be consecutive bills, because below is all i can find its all very patchy

=======
feb 2010: my wifes medical card

sept 2010 my sons birth certificate ( i dont know if this counts its got both our names on it )

-----
apr 2011 wifes NI letter

mar 2011 letter about working tax and child tax credit in joint names the only letter i can find in our joint names

---------
jan 2012 talktalk bill in wifes name with address

mar 2012 wife's natwest statement with address
MM

Smam

Post by Smam » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:34 am

Hi

Mate let me tell you one thing that you take all these documents of your wife along with you at the time of your PEO appointment there's no official requirement mentioned any where from the UKBA regarding the dependents application support documents.

To the best of my knowledge I believe you should be ok with all those documents. The most important document is the Birth Certificate of your child that's the most widely accepted co-hab doc any where in the UK.

The most important bit is that its been almost 9 years I am living in this country and I dont remember a single document I have throwed out which is either from the UKBA or any other Govt Organization like the HMRC.

Well any ways please do kindly share your PEO experience on the forum.

Wishing you all the best for your ILR.

krthk.s

Post by krthk.s » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:43 pm

2036789, In case you wish to use the statements:

All statements being on a single page is not a matter of concern as long as the statement itself is on the bank's letter head.

Post by 2036789 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:15 pm

thanks guys also does the cohabiting documents have to be for every month as you can see my docs are very patchy i have jus one doc for my wife for jan-aug 2010 which is her medical card, then from oct 2010 to now, i have documents here and there but not for every month. as i always clear out unnecessary docs and i dint realise that there was a requirement for cohabiting docs until i started preparing papers for my wife. I

I dont have any utility bills or tenancy agreement on me or wifes name as we live with my mum who is the owner and everything is on her name such as utility bills council tax etc.. i only transferred the phone bill to my wifes so she can use it for proof of address for things

also does anyone know will they accepts prints outs of old emails for proof of cohabiting docs. thanks any advice from snior member aswell please
MM

Post by 2036789 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:30 am

hi can anyoe tell me ive had to reschedule my wifes peo appoinment to 21st march , her visa expires on 22nd i hope this okay. is there any rule i havent read, will one day before expiry be okay.
MM