ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Missing Stamp in Passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

BC999
Newly Registered

Missing Stamp in Passport

Post by BC999 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:55 am

Hello All

I am getting ready to hand in my naturalisation paperwork next month.

One thing that is worrying me is that I am missing an entry stamp for when I visited France a few years ago by ferry. Let me explain the details.

I applied for a Schengen visa and it was for 19/12/2008 to 27/01/2009. When I went to France on the 19/12/2008 we drove off the ferry but there were no customs/border agents anywhere so we drove off and I didn't get an arrival stamp. When I left France after 9 days (28/12/2008) they stamped my passport in France and in the UK. So I have the exit stamp for leaving France and the arrival stamp for returning to the UK but I am missing the arrival stamp for when I arrived in France.

Will this be a problem? In total I have only been out of the UK for about 80 days over 6 years (and at most 30 days for one year).

Everything else is fine for the AN form, its just this one stamp that has been bothering me in the back of my mind! Thank you!

Smallfamily

Re: Missing Stamp in Passport

Post by Smallfamily » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:30 pm

Absolute nothing to worry about :) this is normal... but do mention ur travel dates in ur AN form. You will be fine...

BC999
Newly Registered

Post by BC999 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:39 pm

Smallfamily wrote:Absolute nothing to worry about :) this is normal... but do mention ur travel dates in ur AN form. You will be fine...
Thanks for the reply. I sure hope you right about it not being a problem!

I have mentioned all my travel dates on the AN form. It was just the missing arrival stamp from my trip to France that was really worrying me!

Smallfamily

Post by Smallfamily » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:47 pm

I have seen many cases where the stamps were missing and they got successful outcomes. Its normal that no one is there at France border to chk ur visa status but here at UK border there is always someone for checkin... HO does have an access to all applicant's UK entry and exit dates which they may match with ur AN form.

Good Luck :wink:

friendinneed

Post by friendinneed » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:25 pm

Half the stamps in our passport are unreadable, several overlap each other, some are missing as per your issue.

Didnt have a problem and just correctly filled in the form AN based on the truth rather than just what stamps are present etc. Wasnt a problem for us.

Ajay Patel
Newly Registered

Post by Ajay Patel » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:28 am

Hi,

A missing stamp is not at all a problem in any of the cases like yours. There are several instances like this. So it won't be a huddle for you.

And that's true there is no one to stamp your passport when you arrive through ferry in France, rather you have a exit record from UK for the same journey in any case it will be relevant enough.

You can fill your AN form will all the details you have, completely and honestly. it definitely would not create any problem for you.

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:39 am

As above, not a problem. Apart from anything else, it is a French stamp that's missing, not a UK one, and the UK authorities don't hold themselves, or you, responsible for missing stamps from other countries. (Even a missing stamp from the UK would not constitute a problem, in fact.)