ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VISA FOR MY DAUGHTER

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

PaulTR
Newly Registered

VISA FOR MY DAUGHTER

Post by PaulTR » Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:30 pm

My daughter is currently in the UK on a holiday working. He visa expires on 20 February 2006. I am a work permit holder. In December 2007 I can apply for my settlement visa. I am further a teacher with British QTS since October 2004. We sold everything in South Africa and we have no intension to return to SA. We will further apply in 2008 for British Citizenship. My daughter have no way to return in South Africa because we live and work full time in the UK. I want to find out what options are available for our daughter's visa. What route can we go to extend her stay in the UK after Feb 2007?

ppron747
inactive

Post by ppron747 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:12 pm

I don't know the answer, but I suspect that those who do will find it easier if you were to indicate your daughter's age...
|| paul R.I.P, January, 2007
Want a 2nd opinion? One will be along shortly....

MouseyOne
Newly Registered

Post by MouseyOne » Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:56 am

I think it would help saying how old she is.
From what I understand is she is under a certain age, she could qualify as a dependent. I thnk this is 18 yrs, if I am right. If she is over 18, she's on her own.
However, I am sure it may be possible if you can prove that she has nowhere to go in SA etc. Maybe someone can shed some light.

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:31 pm

PaulTR wrote:He visa expires on 20 February 2006.

Do you mean 2007? If not she is an overstayer.
PaulTR wrote:I am a work permit holder. In December 2007 I can apply for my settlement visa.
Why did you not include her in your WP application as a dependent presumably back in 2002 when the WP was approved?
PaulTR wrote:My daughter have no way to return in South Africa because we live and work full time in the UK

Sorry but in what way excactly is she unable to return to South Africa?
PaulTR wrote:I want to find out what options are available for our daughter's visa. What route can we go to extend her stay in the UK after Feb 2007?
WP, HSMP, student are some of the options but we don't know anything about her other than she is on a WHM - might be worth seeking some legal advice on this....a short consultation with someone reputable should give you some ideas.

Good luck