ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric Residence Permit

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sach2606
Newly Registered

Biometric Residence Permit

Post by sach2606 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:31 am

hello people...

I need some information on Biometric Residence Permit.

Today I have received my BRP for Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK but it has a valid date on it i.e. 2022 (10 years). I thought Indefinite UK visas has no time restrictions, please throw some light on it as I have no clue. And what will I have to do when my permit expires which is after 10 years? I cant find any information on home office website.

Regards
Sach

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:37 am

See Ilr success with biometric

the expiry date is the expiry of the card, not the expiry of your leave which is indefinite.

sach2606
Newly Registered

BRP

Post by sach2606 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:30 pm

thanks greenie....

I have gone through the link you sent (ILR success with biometric). My doubt is clear now. My BRP card does say Indefinite Leave to Remain on it. I hope it just a case of renewal of the BRP card every 10 years.

Thanks again.

Regards

*FC*
Member of Standing

Re: Biometric Residence Permit

Post by *FC* » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:04 pm

sach2606 wrote:hello people...

I need some information on Biometric Residence Permit.

Today I have received my BRP for Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK but it has a valid date on it i.e. 2022 (10 years). I thought Indefinite UK visas has no time restrictions, please throw some light on it as I have no clue. And what will I have to do when my permit expires which is after 10 years? I cant find any information on home office website.

Regards
Sach
Due to the fact that ones facial features can and will change from time to time, BRPs will be reissued.