ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success - 16 Mar - PEO Croydon

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Keyrun

ILR success - 16 Mar - PEO Croydon

Post by Keyrun » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:58 am

Hi,

I have got my ILR on 16th March.

Thanks for all the members of this forum for providing information, appreciate it.

Here are details of my visit to POE and documents provided.

- Time from entry to exit - 4 hours.
1. Security check 10:30.
2. Initial verification - Set(O) and passports; 5-7 mins. Provided with token number and asked me to pay in first floor and also suggested that I put all the supporting document and the copies in a order in the folder she gave.
3. After payment, called for further checks. This time took only the passports and payment receipt; once done the lady asked us to go 2nd floor for biometric.
4. At 11:45, called in for biometrics, which took around 20 mins for myself, wife and son. Once done, we were asked to wait to be called in further process.
4. At 14:00 called in for submitting the documents, checked the documents and by 14:35 I was said everything is fine and that I will get the biometric card in 7-10 working days.

I noticed that for majority of applicants they took the documents and asked them to come after a couple of hours but the CW I went to just checked the documents while I was at the counter.

Documents
1. Set(O) form
2. Photos
3. Passports
4. Copies of salary slips and bank statement (CW started matching the salary slips and bank statements; I asked if I can help while he wants to carry on looking at other documents. He handed over them to and seems to be pleased for the my offer of help).
5. Original emp letter.
6. Copies of all P60s.
7. Copies of life in the UK.
8. All copies of all the passports.
9. Asked for cohab. docs copies; provided with my wife's driving licence and council tax.
10. Did some work on computer and verified the absence from the UK dates.

Finally by 14:35 said everything looks okay and I should get the biometric card in 7-10 working days.

Question ? Please ask.

Regards, Kiran

Sup

Post by Sup » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:33 am

Congrates.. Keyrun..

Under which category you applied?
As you stated, you applied with your dependents, could you please tell me where did you tick on the section 10(13. dependents)..

Is the dependant..
16 years old or more - go to question 17

Less than 16 years old - go to question 14

I have dependent my wife and 3 year old daughter..

thanks,
Sup

Keyrun

Post by Keyrun » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:53 am

Thanks Sup.

I have applied under T1G.

I have ticket on Less than 16 years old - go to question 14 and given my details for question onwards.

Hope that helps.
Cheers

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:16 pm

congrats Keyrun ....

please can you detail ur absences ???

wilayatmalik
Newly Registered

ILR

Post by wilayatmalik » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:49 am

Hi Karin,

Could you please let me know if you provided documents for your income etc. on which basis you initially secured HSMP or just the income documents after you got HSMP (5 years from the date you got HSMP)?

Do they ask for your documents on which basis initially got HSMP?

Also, which category did you tick in Section 3 of SET (O)? Tier 1 in Section A or HSMP in Section B? As you had HSMP and then Tier 1 General and same is my case.

Thanks,
Wil

Keyrun

Post by Keyrun » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:08 am

sunil.suneel - I had just 98 days absence from UK, so just mentioned them on section 6.2.

Wil - I had my emp letter with salary mentioned on it and had previous earnings from my employer.

umeruzair

Post by umeruzair » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:19 pm

Keyrun

Congrats first of all for such a achivement. I called it achivement because since from the beginning of the porcess of booking the PEO is difficult as I am having joys of not getting any appointment these days.

Anyways if you don't mind can you please answer the following questions,

1. When and how and what time you booked the appointment
2. Were you on Tier 1 throughout 5 years?
3. Was the Tier 1 in country (within UK switch from one category to other) or was it an entry clearance. The reason to ask this if this is in country transfer then what date did you put to first enter in the UK the T1G date or other.
4. Did the CW ask you any question or they just took your documents then window close and the window open with the good news strategy.
5. Lastly, did Croydon PEO allow you to carry things like water bottle & snacks with you as we have a little one of about 2 years.

Sorry to ask you so many questions but that is what I wanted to ask if you please answer them.

Keyrun

Post by Keyrun » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:58 pm

Thanks umeruzair

Please see info below in line. Hope this helps

1. When and how and what time you booked the appointment - I booked the appointment on 10th Feb.
2. Were you on Tier 1 throughout 5 years? - WP from Feb 2007 to May 2009 and then on T1G in country
3. Was the Tier 1 in country (within UK switch from one category to other) or was it an entry clearance. The reason to ask this if this is in country transfer then what date did you put to first enter in the UK the T1G date or other. - The date of entry should be the first day when you entered in to this country and the date from when you are claiming 5 years for ILR
4. Did the CW ask you any question or they just took your documents then window close and the window open with the good news strategy. - CW never drew the curtains, he just asked for all the document; the over all time to check the documents were 15 mins, rest of the 20 mins out of 35 mins, he was checking stuff on computer.
5. Lastly, did Croydon PEO allow you to carry things like water bottle & snacks with you as we have a little one of about 2 years. - Allowed food, I did not take water along but there is a canteen on 2nd floor food and drinks.

umeruzair

Post by umeruzair » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:07 pm

Keyrun

Thanks fro your prompt reply. Can you please confirm how did you find the appointment as it is really frustating for me I have tried 12:00am, 5am 6am strategy but nothing worked for me the appointments just comes appears and dissappears within seconds.

Look forward to get your precious advise.

wilayatmalik
Newly Registered

Post by wilayatmalik » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:13 pm

Hi Karin or anyone else,

Thanks for your reply. Actually I was on Student Visa and then switched to HSMP back in 2007. So, the question is do I need to provide documents that I used for HSMP from Student Visa or just documents for last 5 years since I got HSMP?

Thanks,
Wilayat

Keyrun

Post by Keyrun » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:31 pm

umeruzair,

I booked my slot at 12:30 pm and had few slots, selected one of them; never had issues with booking a slot.

I have read few article in this forum where ppl struggled to get an appointment; i suggest checking regularly will get you one. Book it immediately and then go for a re-scheduling (if you want any)