ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO Croydon experience with Agency - success

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

offstumpfail
Newly Registered

PEO Croydon experience with Agency - success

Post by offstumpfail » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:33 pm

Quite simple Tier 1 renewal - one employer, payslips/statements, all documentation in order.

I had been completely unable to secure a PEO appointment using the UKBA online system so had no other choice to obtain a pre-6 April appointment than to go through agencies. I emailed a large number of agencies off the OSIC list to find the best price that was also a reliable service (some of them offer it for like £100 but you know all they are doing is trying to book an appointment using your own UKBA account.. and it will be like blood out of a rock to get your money back if they fail). I was specific to say that I did not need legal assistance with the application, just submission.

So I contacted a particular agency Monday evening. I was offered a price for this service that was very reasonable (the agency have asked me to keep it confidential). Tuesday afternoon I paid the fee, and by Friday morning I had an appointment secured for Sunday 18/03 at 09:00.

I had all my documentation in order and attended my agency's office to take photocopies of all documentation and even though I had not paid for it they did a cursory check of my application to ensure everything was in order.

I attended Croydon PEO at 09:00 Sunday when the agency representative met me. The process was very smooth and I got my approval by 12:00. I am waiting for my BRP by post.

All in all I was delighted for having such a quick turnaround - under a week from first contact to visa approval.

I would like to highly recommend this agency but I could a senior member or moderator please advise me if there are any rules about that. I don't want people to think this is spruiking their business, I am just giving a good recommendation as I was very impressed with the price (I was quoted well in excess of £1000 by other agencies) and the turnaround time.
Last edited by offstumpfail on Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

offstumpfail
Newly Registered

Post by offstumpfail » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:45 pm

Can I just get a senior/moderator to advise if it's OK or not to name the agency on here?

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:09 pm

Please don't provide the name in public. There have been issues earlier such as suggesting that you are advertising for the agency.
Give me more Karma (+)

offstumpfail
Newly Registered

Post by offstumpfail » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:23 pm

If anyone wants the name of the agency (they are on the OSIC list) please feel free to PM me. The price was very good and as mentioned from first contact to visa success took less than a week.

Reddevil12

Post by Reddevil12 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:45 pm

I'm confused now. Do they really offer Sunday service. Though I might be wrong. But I never seen a post saying that they got their appointment on Sunday at UKBA and that too got their decision on Sunday. Can you please confirm on that and by the way Congrats to you.
Fighting spirit never fails

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:54 pm

you can surely write how much they charged...if members are interested they will PM, unless you want to be deluged by PMs...lolz
Manka

srpdata

Post by srpdata » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:19 pm

Hi All,

UKBA works on sunday as well to the OISC agents, one of my friend got his VISA extended on last Sunday.

Please send me the details of the agent with chrges to my mail id : srpdata@gmail.com

Regard
Shiv

bond.boy203

Post by bond.boy203 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:10 pm

NO offense.. but I think this is a scam.. as per my knowledge and UKBA web site they work only Monday to Friday.. ( see link below)...

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... tem=115098

Please beware before providing any personal info to this agent...

offstumpfail
Newly Registered

Post by offstumpfail » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:19 pm

I can assure you the PEO is open Sundays. It might be only temporary. I am not sure if this is only for representatives or for public bookings as well. Although everyone else there on Sunday seemed to be accompanied so possibly it's for reps only.

This is a public forum and the agency has asked me to keep the price confidential. It is their prerogative to set their prices on a per-case basis, and my case was very straight forward. It is a lot less than what is charged by the 'big' firms.

dilip_gem

Post by dilip_gem » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:23 pm

Well I hv never heard of UKBA working on weekends !!
You will be paying the money to this agency at your own risk !!
QuickSam,
As anticipated by you in the earlier thread (InstantAppointment), looks like there is another potential scam in process:)

Moderators,
Please start the investigation process ;)

Regards,
Gem

bond.boy203 wrote:NO offense.. but I think this is a scam.. as per my knowledge and UKBA web site they work only Monday to Friday.. ( see link below)...

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... tem=115098

Please beware before providing any personal info to this agent...

offstumpfail
Newly Registered

Post by offstumpfail » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:53 am

Feel free to "start the investigation process" :?

I am just leaving a GOOD REVIEW for an agency that gave me a good price and very fast turnaround time. Not everything needs to be a scam. If I was advertising a scam or spruiking the agency would I not have named the agency in the thread? Maybe some bank account details of a Nigerian prince you could pay £500 to, no?

The agency is REGULATED BY THE OSIC and has a valid website and phone number. They are a small firm and able to offer a superior price to the big immigration firms.

srpdata

Post by srpdata » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:29 pm

UKBA do the work on weekend for emergency slots required for Asylum and Tier 1 Visas, these slots are used by consultants. One of my friend got his Tier 1 on Sunday recently.