ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success - 19 Mar - PEO Croydon (currently unemployed)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tharayil
Newly Registered

ILR success - 19 Mar - PEO Croydon (currently unemployed)

Post by tharayil » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:09 pm

Hi All,

Thank you to all who contributed to this forum. I found all the posts most useful and quite relieving before I actually went in to apply

My application for ILR was approved at the Cardiff PEO on 19/03. Below is a write up of my experience.

Settlement route:
1. HSMP (March 2007)
2. Tier 1 (General) (March 2009)

Documents submitted:
1. Completed SET(O)
2. 1x current passport + photocopies
3. Life in the UK pass notification letter + photocopy
4. Proof of earnings - 12 mths payslips and corresponding bank statement + photocopies

Should also mention:
1. NO p60 submitted
2. NO HMRC employment history submitted

The process:
My appointment was at 8:50am. I got there at 8:00am and it was a bit like Heathrow (the security checks). Security let the group into the building at 8am and we went through the security checks one at a time.

Once the security checks were completed, we sat in the waiting area until we were called to the counter. I was called within 2 mins.

At the counter I was asked to show my application, photos and passport. The lady on the other side of the counter was professional and efficient. She checked that I had filled in the payment details, that I signed the form and that I provided recent photos. She asked me for all my papers and I handed her all the papers in. She asked me to wait in the seats at the back and my name would be read out for the biometric application. This took about 5 mins at best. Once this was completed, she explained that my application would be assessed by a case worker and that it would take 2 to 3 hours.

She asked me to take a seat in the waiting area until someone called me to do my biometrics - finger prints and photo.

My application number was read out and I went to give my finger prints and my photo. This process took about 10 mins.

I waited in the same seating area (though I was given the option to go out of the building). I just thought its best to hang on just in case my name is called out for clarification or whatever other unforseen reason.

After exactly 1.5 hours, my number was called out and I went and received the file which had the approval letter (but no stamp in the visa)

I DID NOT EVEN SEE THE CASEWORKER - very categorically I should mention this (they made it clear to me). I was called to a counter and told me that my application had been approved and that I would get my Biometric Residents Card in 5 to 10 working days. They returned all my docs including my passports.

That was the entire process.

Some details:
1. no questions on current employment status
2. no questions whatsoever

I was a bit worried that this might come up but it didn't.

Good luck to you all with your applications!

sanyamkaushik
Newly Registered

Post by sanyamkaushik » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:00 pm

congrats tharayil,
just one quick question. did you enter UK within 30 days of being granted HSMP.
I also have to file for ILR and i came into country 56 days after EC stamp :(

tharayil
Newly Registered

Post by tharayil » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:13 pm

Hi sanyamkaushik

I never left the UK when being granted the HSMP.....I received my HSMP while I was resident in the UK.

t0mmy

Post by t0mmy » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:37 pm

Congrats.
You mentioned at the time of applying you were un-employed. I have read many times in these forumns it's better to be employed and take employer letter etc - though there is no mention of this in the application form for non-tier2/work permit holders so we need only to meet salary criteria points.... Did you clearly mentioned on the form or cover letter you are currently unemployed? Maybe no interaction with the case worker helped! :)

tharayil
Newly Registered

Post by tharayil » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:45 pm

HI t0mmy

I had an offer from another company starting late april. I took the offer letter along with me but I left my current employers very recently. Also in my bank statements, the most recent pay slip was dated 5th March and I went to submit my ILR application on the 19th march.

On the form itself, i wrote that I am employed (though technically I am in between jobs) but they had mentioned to me on the phone, that if you have an offer from another company, bring the offer letter along and it will be fine

On the form SET(O) there is no mention of requiring a letter from employer if you are a TIER 1 migrant category.

Only if you are a work permit holder etc then you are required to bring employer letters and documents.

So in a way, I was blessed and I got lucky. If they had come back to me and asked me for the second offer letter, I would have given it - but I didnt submit my second offer along with the documents

krthk.s

Post by krthk.s » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:02 pm

Thank you very much for your post tharayil. I am glad to know no P60 or HMRC employment was asked. Even though I will be able to provide them I don't want to do so.

The company I worked with in the previous years have a complex model of paying UK allowance and salary in India so the P60s would show really low amounts even though they paid me well above the salary set in CoS. As a result I wanted to completely avoid bringing up any questions on it.

The SET(O) form makes no mention of 5years history for Tier 1 holders so I was planning on skipping it.

wilayatmalik
Newly Registered

Post by wilayatmalik » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:26 pm

Congrats Tharayil........... you achieved the milestone.

I am on the same case as you are. Was a student, qualified here and got HSMP (2 Years in March 2007) and Tier 1 General (3 Years in April 2009). Going to apply for ILR on 28th March at Croydon.

I have a few questions if you could kindly help:

- Which category did you tick in Section 3 of SET (O)
- In Section 11 of SET (O), if you ticked 11A (all applicants) and 11L (Tier 1 General), then below that 11L, they say this:

"For the period before you were granted Tier 1 General, documents showing that you have met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules"

I think from this they mean all the documents for 5 years and even before that including the documents on which basis we got initial HSMP? Anyone who was on Tier 1 (General) ever been asked for 5 years History (I know WP applicants need to show that anyway)?

Thanks for your help guys.

tharayil
Newly Registered

Post by tharayil » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:26 pm

to answer your questions

- Which category did you tick in Section 3 of SET (O) ?
section A Tier 1 (General) migrant (excluding applicants applying under the terms of the HSMP Forum Judicial Review Policy Document)

- In Section 11 of SET (O), if you ticked 11A (all applicants) and 11L (Tier 1 General), then below that 11L, :

I only submitted last twelve months payslips and bank statements. NOTHING ELSE - not the entire 5 years of history

Smam

Post by Smam » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:43 am

Hi tharayil

First of all heartiest congratulations on your ILR and thanks a lot for sharing your PEO experience on the forum.

Well to be honest with you mate I've been to Caridiff PEO for the first time back in May 2010 with one of my friend he was a WP holder at that time and we went for his ILR to be honest with you its the most small PEO office in the whole UK I believe and even back two years ago he hasn't seen the CW either and they just called him after 2 hours and handed over his docs and PP back to him with the ILR vignette that's all.

I personally believe that Cardiff PEO is the best PEO in the whole UK.

Good luck for your future.