ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel after Passport Interview

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rom
Newly Registered

Travel after Passport Interview

Post by rom » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:04 pm

Hello All,

I would like to know if it's OK to travel directly after my passport (FIRST TIME) interview, by using my non british passport, hoping to tell somebody else to receive my british passport in my house.

Is it allow or not to be outside the uk ?

any advise is welcome.

Thank you

AlexS

Post by AlexS » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:46 pm

I don't see why not.
-----
Alex

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:47 pm

Technically yes, but as the passport is normally delivered within 3-4 days after the interview, why not just wait for it?

rom
Newly Registered

Post by rom » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:04 pm

Jambo wrote:Technically yes, but as the passport is normally delivered within 3-4 days after the interview, why not just wait for it?
Is just a dilemma, because it's important for what I want to do to travel before receiving my british passport .

I thing to be save, I will just wait for the passport.

Thank you you both for answerring

oscar22

Post by oscar22 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:18 am

If you country of origin allows dual nationality, you can travel with you passport anytime but if they don't, just wait 3-4 days when you get your British passport as suggested by Jambo.

rom
Newly Registered

Post by rom » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:58 am

oscar22 wrote:If you country of origin allows dual nationality, you can travel with you passport anytime but if they don't, just wait 3-4 days when you get your British passport as suggested by Jambo.
Ok thanks