ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Master courses fees for Residents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Cosmos

Master courses fees for Residents

Post by Cosmos » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:10 pm

Hi experts,

I wonder if you could help please,

I've got ILR last September 2011 and was wondering if in the case I want to take a Master degree course at University I can apply as UK/EU student at all?

Many thanks in advance.

cricinfo

Post by cricinfo » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:13 pm

There are two requirements to qualify as UK/EU student. First you should have ILR (which you have). 2nd is you should be living here in UK for the last 3 years or more so if you fulfill this requirement then you are eligible to pay UK/EU student fee.

DEVONIAN

Post by DEVONIAN » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:49 pm

cricinfo wrote:There are two requirements to qualify as UK/EU student. First you should have ILR (which you have). 2nd is you should be living here in UK for the last 3 years or more so if you fulfill this requirement then you are eligible to pay UK/EU student fee.
cricinfo is spot on. To pay home fees, you need to have been granted ILR, and (note this as it's very important) you need to be ordinarily resident in the UK (i.e. not for the purpose of full time education) within the last 3 years.

Cosmos

Post by Cosmos » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:00 am

Thank you so much Cricinfo & Devonian for your help!