ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Converting from Tier-4 to Tier-1

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nasirgee
Newly Registered

Converting from Tier-4 to Tier-1

Post by nasirgee » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:20 pm

hey friends
i was on a tier 4 student and just applied for PSW and awaiting .....
i just want to ask as i had my biometrics done in london last time i applied for tier-4 student visa extension,does that mean HO will again call me for biometrics?

thanks

divine_
Newly Registered

Post by divine_ » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:58 pm

Yes, they will send you a biometric invitation letter, with which you will give your biometrics again.

Hchintala
Newly Registered

Stan

Post by Hchintala » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:02 am

Sorry for the late reply but as far I know leave the box empty .I have read alot about this and I'm sure you can leave that empty as using original uni letter anyway hope this helps

i3luf
Newly Registered

Biometrics

Post by i3luf » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:13 am

hi,
i came to uk on tier 4 general student visa but had my finger prints in Islamabad Fed ex Office and at the Manchester airport as well, now i am going to apply for my PSW,it says on the form that do i ever had biometrics>?

would that finger prints be considered as biometrics? i never applied for any other visa or extension as this is my first time to apply for a new application directly from tier4 to PSW.

*Thanks_In_Advance*

nirosh

Post by nirosh » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:08 am

hiee I dont think they will send you bio metric invitation again, i have the similar case tier 4 applied in december and then psw in feb i havent got bio metric yet. so lets see, one of my friend applied just like us he did not received the bio metric infact he got the money back of the previous application..

Deepshithole2010

Post by Deepshithole2010 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:12 am

Nirosh,
Do not confuse applicants by advising conflicting information. Regardless of how many times you have given your bio metrics every time a new application is made you would be required to register your bio metric details again (ie if your application requires you to do so), doesn't matter if you have already done it in Islamabad, london or birmingham.

nirosh

Post by nirosh » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:57 pm

i am not giving any false information one of my friend applied from Birmingham he had the similar case , they did not call him again for bio metric, coz he had done that for tier 4 application. his tier 4 application was pending for decision that time and he applied for tier 1 during that time and got the visa infact they refunded his fee of tier4 application.

thanks

z18runway

Re: Biometrics

Post by z18runway » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:55 am

i3luf wrote:hi,
i came to uk on tier 4 general student visa but had my finger prints in Islamabad Fed ex Office and at the Manchester airport as well, now i am going to apply for my PSW,it says on the form that do i ever had biometrics>?

would that finger prints be considered as biometrics? i never applied for any other visa or extension as this is my first time to apply for a new application directly from tier4 to PSW.

*Thanks_In_Advance*
yes! you will be called for biometrics

Deepshithole2010

Post by Deepshithole2010 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:07 am

I don't know the full application history of your friend therefore no point in commenting on that sometimes UKBA can vary your outstanding application to a different category but even then it does not exclude you from enrolling your bio metrics. I don't know at what point your friend gave his bio metric details whether it was before asking to vary his application or after. Which ever might be the case your friend's example is an exception to a rule which would have been catered to suit his circumstances but in general every new application requires a new bio metric enrollment

cooksgushi
BANNED

Post by cooksgushi » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:40 pm

hey did not call him again for bio metric, Image