ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What is Total Cost for Applying British Citizenship?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vijayg

What is Total Cost for Applying British Citizenship?

Post by vijayg » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:02 am

Hi,

I am on ILR on Indian Passport and eligible for British Citizenship in Jan 2013.

I know this is too early. However, could anyone please let me know what would be the total cost for applying British Citizenship and surrendering old passport for me and my wife when applying together?

1. Applying for British Citizenship
2. Attending Citizenship ceremony
3. Applying for British Passport
4. Surrendering old (Indian) Passports to High Commission of India. I have two Indian Passports (Current and Expired).
5. Applying for Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Please let me know if I have missed anything else and include the cost of that as well.

Many thanks.

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:04 am

TOO FREEKING MUCH

1. Applying for British Citizenship £836 ( 1 PERSON) £1294 (COUPLE)
2. Attending Citizenship ceremony INCLUDED IN ABOVE MENTION PRICES I BELIVEVE
3. Applying for British Passport £77.50
4. Surrendering old (Indian) Passports to High Commission of India. I have two Indian Passports (Current and Expired). 114.20
5. Applying for Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI) £ 172

TOTAL 1199.70 :evil:

vijayg

Post by vijayg » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:19 am

Hello Punjab,

Thank you very much for the info.

Cost of Surrendering Indian Passports and OCI applications is totally atrocious considering the level of service they provide inside High Commission of India in London. :evil:

Thanks.

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:54 am

vijayg wrote: Cost of Surrendering Indian Passports and OCI applications is totally atrocious considering the level of service they provide inside High Commission of India in London. :evil:
Thanks.
its a big shame on indian side as no other places charge so much of money. i guess thats how our politicians can afford luxurious cars

you forgot to ask/add life in the uk test price.. its £50

vijayg

Post by vijayg » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:19 pm

You are absolutely correct .

But I have already passed "Life in the UK" test when applying ILR. Do I need to write the exam again for British Citizenship?

Thanks.

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:13 pm

i have no idea mate. i don't know how long is it valid till? do ask from moderators. ta

John

Post by John » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:19 pm

But I have already passed "Life in the UK" test when applying ILR. Do I need to write the exam again for British Citizenship?
No you do not. When you complete the form AN to apply for Naturalisation you will see that there is a question about this, and all you need to do is to answer that to indicate that a pass certificate was supplied in order to get your ILR.

The fact that someone supplied the pass certificate in order to get their ILR will already be noted on the UKBA computer system, so it is very easy for them to check the facts when dealing with the Naturalisation application.
John

PG1983

Post by PG1983 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:43 pm

there are fee changes coming in place from 6th April so the cost of singles application is £851 and joint application is £1317.

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:56 pm

just let you know that you have 3 months after you aquire british citzenship to surrender the indian passport,

cherryplum

Post by cherryplum » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:32 pm

Another cost to consider is travelling to Passport Interview offices I don't drive long distances and neareast office is fully booked so I have to now spend £40 taking a train to Leicester and back and taxi to location for my interview.