ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Catchment area for PEO?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sojan

Catchment area for PEO?

Post by sojan » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:06 am

I'm based in southampton and planning to apply for ILR shortly.
I was planning to apply from Solihull due to fact that the verification happens before the money is taken and better experiences mentioned in this forum.

For me, Solihull is bit far than Croydon. My friend told that he has been asked by a caseworker why he is applying from another PEO rather than a near-by PEO.

Is there any restriction that one should apply from the PEO which is closer to their home/registered address?

manyaonisland
Member of Standing

Post by manyaonisland » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:11 am

Hello,

I do not think that there is any restriction on which PEO you can apply in. at least I have not heard of any.. the questions was may be purely from the convenience perspective. I think one significant factor that drives the decision
is availability of the appointments at the PEO and no doubt Croydon is much busier than rest.

hope this helps.
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.

sojan

Post by sojan » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:00 pm

thanks mate.

Hope Solihull still checks the documents before taking the money for application?

vinaya

Post by vinaya » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:28 am

I recently applied for my ILR in solihull and I live 30 mins away from Croydon. No questions asked as to why I could have not applied from Croydon.

Yes, they take the payment after the decision. very friendly staff!. Good Luck.

Keyrun

Post by Keyrun » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:37 am

It doesn’t matter when they take the payment. Just in case if you want to withdraw the application, they will refund the money.

Applying at any PEO isn’t a matter of concerns for them.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:57 pm

Keyrun wrote:It doesn’t matter when they take the payment. Just in case if you want to withdraw the application, they will refund the money.

Applying at any PEO isn’t a matter of concerns for them.
what do you mean by refund of money? there is no such thing as refund of application fee on withdrawal.

re - the original q's - yes Solihull PEO asks for payment normally after reviewing and verbally approving the application.

Keyrun

Post by Keyrun » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:41 pm

Refusal and withdrawing are two different things. Refusal decisions are not refunded but if the candidate wants to withdraw the ILR application the money is refunded.

Hope it clears the confusion.

chweetgurl

Post by chweetgurl » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:40 pm

Keyrun wrote:Refusal and withdrawing are two different things. Refusal decisions are not refunded but if the candidate wants to withdraw the ILR application the money is refunded.

Although my application was not refused at PEO croydon delay due to technical problem their end i was told application can be withdrawn but they will not refund

Keyrun

Post by Keyrun » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:23 am

Thats strange. So you lost all the money then?

chweetgurl

Post by chweetgurl » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:04 am

Keyrun wrote:Thats strange. So you lost all the money then?
I did not withdraw application due to this very reason

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:10 am

Keyrun wrote:Refusal and withdrawing are two different things. Refusal decisions are not refunded but if the candidate wants to withdraw the ILR application the money is refunded.

once you pay the fee you cannot usually withdraw it without losing the money.

Keyrun

Post by Keyrun » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:18 am

Long story short - one of my friend did withdraw the application after paying the money and he got the money back. That is the reason I am confident that withdrawing is refundable process.

In my friends case, there was some problem with continuos employment.

It looks like even withdrawing is taken as case by case for refunds

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:13 am

Keyrun wrote:Long story short - one of my friend did withdraw the application after paying the money and he got the money back. That is the reason I am confident that withdrawing is refundable process.

In my friends case, there was some problem with continuos employment.

It looks like even withdrawing is taken as case by case for refunds
Your friend was lucky. they do not usually refund the fee once it is paid if the applicant chooses to withdraw the application.

sojan

Post by sojan » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:10 am

vinaya wrote:I recently applied for my ILR in solihull and I live 30 mins away from Croydon. No questions asked as to why I could have not applied from Croydon.

Yes, they take the payment after the decision. very friendly staff!. Good Luck.

thanks mate.. much appreciated for all your replies