ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Short Relationships

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Gary_G
Newly Registered

Short Relationships

Post by Gary_G » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:38 pm

I'm due to marry my finace in thailand in 3 weeks time, we have known each other for 6 months having met online at the begining of october. We have met once in person in january for a week in her home country when I met her family. I would like to apply for a spouce visa a month or so after we have married, would this be a bad idea having only met twice and only haveing a 7 or 8 month relationship at that time? Has anyone on this forum had success with similar relationship length?

Thanks Gary

Gregarious
Member of Standing

Re: Short Relationships

Post by Gregarious » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:16 pm

Gary_G wrote:I'm due to marry my finace in thailand in 3 weeks time, we have known each other for 6 months having met online at the begining of october. We have met once in person in january for a week in her home country when I met her family. I would like to apply for a spouce visa a month or so after we have married, would this be a bad idea having only met twice and only haveing a 7 or 8 month relationship at that time? Has anyone on this forum had success with similar relationship length?

Thanks Gary
Don't want to know anything about your short relationship. But keep one thing in your mind; if you want to know anybody check 2 (two) things. Though it is technical and profound.

1. Have you travelled together? What were the reaction and consequences?
2. Do you have any exchange of money between you and him/her?

Hope it helps.
After taking Advice; remember Everyone's application, and thus supporting documents, will be different depending on personal circumstances.

Gary_G
Newly Registered

Post by Gary_G » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:06 pm

Hi thanks for the responce but I'm not sure I understand your post?

Gary

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:10 pm

Gary_G wrote:Hi thanks for the responce but I'm not sure I understand your post?

Gary
Not sure I understood the post either..

Relationships of a short duration are likely to be more scrutinised by the ECO. You need to prepare for this by providing as much evidence of possible that the relationship is genuine, including by providing evidence of contact between you when you are apart (e.g. letters, emails, telephone records), and evidence of when you have met (e.g. photographs, evidence of travel together etc).

Gregarious
Member of Standing

Post by Gregarious » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:13 pm

Gary_G wrote:Hi thanks for the responce but I'm not sure I understand your post?

Gary
Alright, it is very difficult decide these sort of things; just pray to God whatever best of you; it will happen.
After taking Advice; remember Everyone's application, and thus supporting documents, will be different depending on personal circumstances.