ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) Application Form Query (section 4; Which Category?)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rahim_dad

FLR (M) Application Form Query (section 4; Which Category?)

Post by rahim_dad » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:40 pm

Hello,

I have two queries.

1) Is the Oct2011 version the latest version of the FLR(M) form? The guidance for that form seems to be Feb 2012 which is a bit weird. Also there is talk of new forms and fees starting 5/6 of April 2012 and we have an appointment at the Croydon PEO on the 10th of April 2012

2) I have a query regarding the form. Will start with some background first:
Me:
I was granted ILR (on 05/03/2012) after completing 5 years as Work Permit + Tier 1 General.

My wife:
She got Tier 1 Dependent Visa on 23/02/11 (valid till 18/01/2013) and joined me in the UK on 13/05/11.

So the question I have is regarding the FLR (M) Category for my wife is on Section 4 pg 7 (Which Category? ) of the Oct2011 version of the form.

To start off (Please tick a box below to show us the category in which you are applying for an extension of stay in the UK and to confirm that you are also applying for a biometric immigration document.)

I obviously chose the first option for my wife which is
" Spouse of a person present and settled in the UK and Biometric immigration document" in Response to the question above

now my query is with regards to question 4.1 which is:

"Is this the first time you have applied for a visa or an extension of stay in one of the above categories (but not as a fiance(e) or proposed civil partner) with your current partner? "

Possible answers:
Yes/No

I reckon my answer should be YES because my wife is on Tier 1 Dependent at the moment and she has not been in the UK for two years and I only got my ILR a few weeks ago after completing 5 years as WP + Tier1.

Can you please confirm if my assumption is correct?

Apologies if it's obvious but just wanted to double check

rahim_dad

Post by rahim_dad » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:45 pm

Greenie has kindly replied to my 2nd query @ http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=97470