ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wrong address on marraige certificate. Help?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sakman

Wrong address on marraige certificate. Help?

Post by sakman » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:34 pm

Hi

does anyone know whether it was ok to write my dads pakistan address as my own address on my marriage certificate,

or should it have been my own UK address, which is on my passport.

i should have checked this before, but its done now. i just need to know if it will cause a problem.

Thanks in advance

syma
Member of Standing

Re: Wrong address on marraige certificate. Help?

Post by syma » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:41 pm

sakman wrote:Hi

does anyone know whether it was ok to write my dads pakistan address as my own address on my marriage certificate,

or should it have been my own UK address, which is on my passport.

i should have checked this before, but its done now. i just need to know if it will cause a problem.

Thanks in advance
first off its done now so stop giving urself hard time about it, secondly ppl have properties abroad thats not very unusual. i dont see an ECO refusing ur visa on this n honestly i dont even think they guna look that carefully to notice..
with settlement cases its the overall picture of ur circumtances and couple'e relationship i.e either is it genuione or not is what matters if all that is fine ur guna b just fineeeee:)
visa-grante:25.10.12

sakman

Post by sakman » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:58 pm

thanks, do you think this is what alot of people do or do there write there UK address on it.

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:07 pm

sakman wrote:thanks, do you think this is what alot of people do or do there write there UK address on it.
not sure about what others do but my husband wrote his UK's address but saying that he also doesnt have a house in Pk maybe he would have written that add if he had one

sakman

Post by sakman » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:04 pm

do you think i should explain to the ECO why i wrote pakistan address on it or leave it to chance? and hope he doesnt notice

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:36 pm

sakman wrote:do you think i should explain to the ECO why i wrote pakistan address on it or leave it to chance? and hope he doesnt notice
How would you explain it to the ECO now?

sakman

Post by sakman » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:36 pm

syma wrote:
sakman wrote:do you think i should explain to the ECO why i wrote pakistan address on it or leave it to chance? and hope he doesnt notice
How would you explain it to the ECO now?
i could mention it in my support letter that i wrote my dads pakistan address on marraige certificate. or is this not a good idea?

sakman

Post by sakman » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:08 pm

do you think it is acceptable to write a different address to your passport on your marraige certificate??

or is it not acceptable??

m3y

Post by m3y » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:00 pm

sakman wrote:do you think it is acceptable to write a different address to your passport on your marraige certificate??

or is it not acceptable??
I would also like to know the answer to this.. should my nikah nama contain my UK address or my pakistan address?

MelC

Post by MelC » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:38 pm

NEVER leave anything to chance!

you will be providing documented evidence of your address in the UK for the visa app, it could be that the ECO doesn't spot the discepancy, but is it worth getting a refusal over?

explain the reason why, whatever it is because ECO's love technicalities and discrepancies!
MelC