ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Correct Interpretation of the GT 24.1.

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

RuiHui
Newly Registered

Correct Interpretation of the GT 24.1.

Post by RuiHui » Sat Jun 10, 2023 4:50 pm

Hi Everyone!

I hope I could get some help to understand the GT 24.1 Immigration rule. I would really appreciate that!

I currently hold Global talent visa till 30 Sep 2024. My partner and son submitted biometrics for the Global Talent Dependent visa applications on 09 June 2023 within UK and their application is under process. My questions are:

1) Can I apply ILR (Super Priority) before they get decision on their dependent visa applications? Although they submitted their dependent visa application before I submit my ILR application, I will most likely get a decision on my ILR before they get decision on their dependent visa applications.

2) If yes, will they get 3 years permission or until 30 Sep 2024 (my current visa expiry). The relevant immigration rules as given below.

GT 24.1. A partner will be granted:
(a) permission which ends on the same date as their partner’s permission on the Global Talent route; or
(b) 3 years’ permission if the partner was (or is being) granted settlement on the Global Talent route.

GT 24.2. A child will be granted permission which ends on the same date as whichever of their parents’ permission ends first, unless both parents have (or are being granted) settlement or British Citizenship, in which case the child will be granted permission for 3 years.

RuiHui
Newly Registered

Re: Correct Interpretation of the GT 24.1.

Post by RuiHui » Mon Jun 12, 2023 2:06 pm

I would appreciate if anyone could answer my questions. I have explored previous posts before posting these questions and I could not find the answers. Thanks in advance.

marcnath

Re: Correct Interpretation of the GT 24.1.

Post by marcnath » Mon Jun 12, 2023 2:12 pm

RuiHui wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 4:50 pm
Hi Everyone!

I hope I could get some help to understand the GT 24.1 Immigration rule. I would really appreciate that!

I currently hold Global talent visa till 30 Sep 2024. My partner and son submitted biometrics for the Global Talent Dependent visa applications on 09 June 2023 within UK and their application is under process. My questions are:

1) Can I apply ILR (Super Priority) before they get decision on their dependent visa applications? Although they submitted their dependent visa application before I submit my ILR application, I will most likely get a decision on my ILR before they get decision on their dependent visa applications.

2) If yes, will they get 3 years permission or until 30 Sep 2024 (my current visa expiry). The relevant immigration rules as given below.

GT 24.1. A partner will be granted:
(a) permission which ends on the same date as their partner’s permission on the Global Talent route; or
(b) 3 years’ permission if the partner was (or is being) granted settlement on the Global Talent route.

GT 24.2. A child will be granted permission which ends on the same date as whichever of their parents’ permission ends first, unless both parents have (or are being granted) settlement or British Citizenship, in which case the child will be granted permission for 3 years.
1. Your application is not dependent on your depantants. So, you can apply for ILR if you meet all criteria.

2. Yes, once you get your ILR, they should get a 3 year visa. Obviously, given all the timing it is possible that they mix up the dates but if you inform them of your new status, it should work.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.