ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Global Talent Visa Stage 2 application, rejection and appeal if any

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sd1990
Newly Registered
India

Global Talent Visa Stage 2 application, rejection and appeal if any

Post by sd1990 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:16 pm

Dear All,

Please allow me to explain my situation. I came to the UK in 2018 for my PhD on Tier 4 Student visa, which is about to expire on 24th August 2022 (that's what it says on my BRP). Because my Tier 4 visa is about to expire, I applied for the Global Talent Visa Stage 1 and got the endorsement under "Exceptional Talent". Then I have applied for Global Talent Visa Stage 2 from within the UK as it has mentioned on gov.uk that I can apply from within the UK if I am on a long term student visa. During the biometric data submission I asked the Officer who was collecting my data (passport, visa, BRP, Endorsement letter) if I have anything else to submit but the Officer mentioned that no everything is submitted correctly.

Now as part of due diligence done by my University, they did ECS employer check and the University said the following:

"We have had a response from the Employer Checking Service. Unfortunately, the notification was a negative one, and states that ‘An application for leave in the UK has been submitted by this person but it has subsequently been rejected’. This means that we cannot use this to evidence your continued right to work. Have you received any correspondence from the Home Office regarding this? If so, could you confirm for me if you will be making an administrative review or a fresh visa application?"

Now, I have not received any correspondence from the Home Office about my visa application and I am freaking out as to what went wrong with my application if any or what to do next.

Could you please advise as I am freaking out and not sure what to do or how to react?

wz2022cam
Newly Registered

Re: Global Talent Visa Stage 2 application, rejection and appeal if any

Post by wz2022cam » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:27 pm

Hi, have you heard back from them? Sorry for your experience, hopefully the university's message was a mistake.