ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

GTV dependent visa extension clarifications

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

myilr83
Newly Registered

GTV dependent visa extension clarifications

Post by myilr83 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:19 am

Dear Team,

I have a query about GTV dependent visa extension. I got ILR recently GTV (3 years route).

My dependents (wife & child's) GTV dependent visa 1-year validity expires on 07/2022. They have lived in the UK on T2-General-Dependent for 2yrs 6 months, current GTV-Dependent will take it to a total of 3 years 6 months.

Based on my referenced from various topics threads in the forums and ukvi website, my plan is:
1) To apply for the GTV extension for 2 more years. That will overall cover 5 years 6 months.
2) Apply for ILR when they complete 4 years 11 months (28 days before 5 years completion) in a priority mode.
3) The current GTV dependent visa expires on 07/2022. Should the extension be applied sometime in april-may 2022?

I kindly request to see if there is any flaw in points 1 and 2 & and confirmation on point 3.

Thank you.

myilr83
Newly Registered

Re: GTV dependent visa extension clarifications

Post by myilr83 » Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:52 am

Dear Team, May I get an advice in these topics?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:31 pm

Period and conditions of grant for a dependent partner or dependent child on the Global Talent route
GT 24.1. A partner will be granted:
  • (a) permission which ends on the same date as their partner’s permission on the Global Talent route; or
  • (b) 3 years’ permission if the partner was (or is being) granted settlement on the Global Talent route.
GT 24.2. A child will be granted permission which ends on the same date as whichever of their parents’ permission ends first, unless both parents have (or are being granted) settlement or British Citizenship, in which case the child will be granted permission for 3 years.

GT 24.3. The grant will be subject to all the following conditions:
  • (a) no access to public funds; and
  • (b) work (including self-employment and voluntary work) is permitted, except as a professional sportsperson or sports coach; and
  • (c) study is permitted, subject to the ATAS condition in Appendix ATAS, if the applicant is over age 18; and
  • (d) if Part 10 applies, the applicant will be required to register with the police.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

myilr83
Newly Registered

Post by myilr83 » Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:56 pm

Thanks Vinny, that means I will have to apply for 3 years extension and full 3 years IHS paid, though they have ILR eligibility in less than two years.

May I ask one more question: If I apply for an extension now for 3 years, would the new expiry date be counted 3 years from the date of approval or from the current BRP expiry (07/2022) date?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:04 pm

I think 3 years starts from date of decision.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

myilr83
Newly Registered

Post by myilr83 » Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:34 pm

Thank you.