ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

GTV Stage-2 and Dependant

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

AnonymousGT
Newly Registered

GTV Stage-2 and Dependant

Post by AnonymousGT » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:02 pm

Dear Immigration Boards Members,

Recently, I got endorsed by the Royal Academy of Engineering for stage 1 for Global talent visa. I have already completed 2 years 6 months on a Tier-2 visa. I have my Tier-2 visa for next 2 years (until April 2023). I would like to switch from Tier-2 to Global talent visa. My dependent (wife) has completed 2 years on Tier-2 dependent visa and she has it for next 2 years as well (until April 2023). I have the following queries:
  • Is Tier-2 visa period count with Global talent visa in ILR? If yes then, Can I apply for ILR after 6 months (under 3 years lawfully in the UK by combining Tier-2 and Global talent visa period)?
  • if I switch to Global talent visa, Can my dependent (wife) leave to remain in the UK on her current Tier-2 dependent visa (until April 2023)?
  • If my dependent (wife) switch from Tier-2 dependent to Global talent dependent, Is her time reset for ILR?
  • Once I got the ILR from Global talent visa route, can my dependent (wife) leave to remain in the UK on Global talent dependent visa? Or she should move to ILR dependent visa again?
Please advice me on the above queries asap. Many thanks.

krishnakumarg
- thin ice -
India

Re: GTV Stage-2 and Dependant

Post by krishnakumarg » Tue May 11, 2021 10:49 am

AnonymousGT wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:02 pm

Recently, I got endorsed by the Royal Academy of Engineering for stage 1 for Global talent visa. I have already completed 2 years 6 months on a Tier-2 visa. I have my Tier-2 visa for next 2 years (until April 2023). I would like to switch from Tier-2 to Global talent visa. My dependent (wife) has completed 2 years on Tier-2 dependent visa and she has it for next 2 years as well (until April 2023). I have the following queries:
  • Is Tier-2 visa period count with Global talent visa in ILR? If yes then, Can I apply for ILR after 6 months (under 3 years lawfully in the UK by combining Tier-2 and Global talent visa period)?
  • if I switch to Global talent visa, Can my dependent (wife) leave to remain in the UK on her current Tier-2 dependent visa (until April 2023)?
  • If my dependent (wife) switch from Tier-2 dependent to Global talent dependent, Is her time reset for ILR?
  • Once I got the ILR from Global talent visa route, can my dependent (wife) leave to remain in the UK on Global talent dependent visa? Or she should move to ILR dependent visa again?
Yes and yes

No
Yes
ILR dependent.

At any point of time in this process, your wife cannot remain in the UK in the dependent category of any former visa you have held.

kmhah1525
Newly Registered
Mood:
Moldova

Post by kmhah1525 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:32 pm

AnonymousGT wrote:

Hi,

I am in a similar situation as you had mentioned in your post. Did you get any further confirmation or authentication regarding your queries? It would be great if you could share please.

Best Regards

hag9
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by hag9 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:14 pm

krishnakumarg wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 10:49 am
AnonymousGT wrote:

Yes and yes

No
Yes
ILR dependent.

At any point of time in this process, your wife cannot remain in the UK in the dependent category of any former visa you have held.

if I switch to Global talent visa, Can my dependent (wife) leave to remain in the UK on her current Tier-2 dependent visa (until April 2023)?
YES she can. She can either stay on the same visa until it expires, or switch with you from the beginning.

Once I got the ILR from Global talent visa route, can my dependent (wife) leave to remain in the UK on Global talent dependent visa? Or she should move to ILR dependent visa again?
The same answer as the previous question- she can stay under the dependent visa until it expires and then she can switch to either GTV dependent or ILR dependent (depending on your situation at the time of the application).