ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Route 3 GTV: documents

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

lear
Newly Registered

Route 3 GTV: documents

Post by lear » Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:37 pm

Hello,

My employer offered me two visa options: skilled worker visa or GTV route 3 (endorsed funders) since my name is in the grant document eligible for this visa. The HR mentioned that I will need to provide my PhD certificate to apply for the endorsement. The problem is, I am still awaiting the graduation ceremony and can only provide an online verifiable document regarding the date my degree was approved (yet to be awarded). Upon looking at the list of the documents required for this visa path, I am not sure whether the certificate is required unlike in case of the academic route: https://royalsociety.org/grants-schemes ... d-funders/ Does anyone has experience with this? Would it be safer to apply through the skilled worker path?
Thanks!

usman14
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Route 3 GTV: documents

Post by usman14 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:51 pm

Hi,

As per my information, a Ph.D. is not needed for the endorsed funder route.

lolo2
Venezuela

Re: Route 3 GTV: documents

Post by lolo2 » Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:13 pm

If your employer is offering you to apply for either SW or a GT visa ask them which one would be the best option based on your specific circumstances. Since they offered you both options most certainly they have experience and are better placed to explain this.

This has been discussed in other posts. The GTV route has specific requirements and perhaps is not that "straightforward" as a Skilled Worker visa application. It seems that for a GTV whatever that have worked for an applicant not necessarily have worked for others with similar qualifications and who might think fulfill all the requirements.

Applicants here have commented on the variety of outcomes under similar situations and routes. It looks like the sponsoring institution also plays a role, it seems some has more success than others. I couldn't find any official statistics on this last statement though, it's just what I've been told from a senior HR advisor who has been working in the recruitment of international talent for several years in HE institutions.

Again, ask your employer, they should be able to decide the best course of action for you. Also remember these applications are time consuming, so your exployer would not want to engage in a process that's not worth it. The RSC link you quoted explicitly says so.
Your employing institution may provide you with additional guidance to support your application.