ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CoS Assigned, & employee resignation?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

9elizabeth
- thin ice -

CoS Assigned, & employee resignation?

Post by 9elizabeth » Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:31 pm

Hi,
I have a very strange situation.
I had assigned a Cos to PSW visa holder in my company. The employee on the same day handed over his resignation.
Now, can you please suggest me which statement is true:

1) After withdrawing the Sponsorship, Can I assign it to some other employee, if yes, how can I do that?
2) if the option 1 is not possible, can I request the HO to issue another CoS.
3) If No 2 is the case, will it be a new CoS? Does it means I will have to pay the fees again?

Can anybody please suggest me the best option for me to save on the fees?

I understand now why some employers asks the employees to pay for their sponsorship expenses or ask for deposit ...... :roll:

manci
Respected Guru

Re: CoS Assigned, & employee resignation?

Post by manci » Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:27 pm

9elizabeth wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:31 pm
1) After withdrawing the Sponsorship, Can I assign it to some other employee, if yes, how can I do that?
No, you cannot re-assign a CoS
9elizabeth wrote:
2) if the option 1 is not possible, can I request the HO to issue another CoS.
yes, but for an undefined CoS you'll need to have an allocation available
9elizabeth wrote:
3) If No 2 is the case, will it be a new CoS? Does it means I will have to pay the fees again?
You'll have to pay the £199 fee again for a new CoS but if you paid an ISC in respect of the person who resigned and did not use the CoS that is refundable.
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

9elizabeth
- thin ice -

Post by 9elizabeth » Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:13 am

Thank you very much.
I have withdrawn the CoS. an I lost the fee I paid to assign the CoS.

Now, Do I have to ask HO for allocate another CoS and then assign it?

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:12 am

9elizabeth wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:13 am
To recruit someone who is already in the UK with permission you need an undefined CoS allocation. If you don't already have one available you need to apply for one. This is a fairly long process but the HO offer a 5 working day priority service at a cost of £200:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ce-service

To recruit from abroad you have to apply for a defined CoS which doesn't require a prior allocation.
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

Spartan112
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Spartan112 » Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:54 am

9elizabeth wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:13 am
Thank you very much.
I have withdrawn the CoS. an I lost the fee I paid to assign the CoS.

Hi elizabeth,

Hope you are doing great. As you have SMS level 1 access, so maybe you know the answer of my below queries. I searched through the forum but did not find the answer yet. So please answer my below queries to clear my confusion.

I have heard that Home Office is asking for additional information from those who are new sponsors. So on 1st defined COS application, HO ask for additional information.

1. So if I get the 1st defined COS approval from HO, then later applied COS will be granted in one week because Home Office will not ask again for additional information for other's COS. is it right?

2. Is your company applied for more COS after you got your 1st defined COS approval? If yes, how many days later did you get COS approval from HO on others defined COS?

3. And third query is " for example, employer applied for 1st defined COS in August but did not get the result yet And in October, employer applied for 3 more COS. Does the caseworker review our company all COS together (means if 1st defined cos approve, then others 3 COS will approve in same day, which are submitted in october)?