ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to claim already paid IHS fee while switching VISA from student dependent to Skilled Visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jobs4avinash
Newly Registered
India

How to claim already paid IHS fee while switching VISA from student dependent to Skilled Visa

Post by jobs4avinash » Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:34 am

Hi All,

Currently, We as a family of 3 (Wife- Student, Husband -Student dependent, Child - Student dependent) were on Student Visa and IHS fee has been paid till October 2023 for all of us. Now the husband found a job with Skilled Visa sponsorship job (1-Feb-2023 to 31-Jan-2025) and want convert to all our Visa's from student dependent to Skilled Visa & dependents respectively.

My question is, as we have paid our IHS fee from January 2022 to October 2023 and now Skilled Visa will be applied or processed in January 2023, Do I need to pay IHS fee (I know IHS Fee is different for student and Skilled Visa applicants) again for this year or How it works with IHS fee for paid year? Can anyone through some light on this query and whom to contact for refund of the IHS fee.

Thanks & Regards,
Avinash

secret.simon

Re: How to claim already paid IHS fee while switching VISA from student dependent to Skilled Visa

Post by secret.simon » Tue Dec 20, 2022 5:59 pm

No, there is no refund in your case.

The clue is in the name. It is a surcharge, a charge over and above the charge/fees for the consideration of the application.

And just as there is no refund of the main charge/fees if you change visas partway, there is no refund of the surcharge either.

It is not a separate insurance policy that is unrelated to the application, but an integral part of the fee structure.

New application, new charge/fees, new surcharge.

Also see this longer post.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.