ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Tier 2 Dependants of Main Migrant (Now with ILR)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

raheem_ehsan

PBS Tier 2 Dependants of Main Migrant (Now with ILR)

Post by raheem_ehsan » Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:43 pm

Dear Zimba, AmazonianX, Vinny, CR001,

I have a few questions related to my wife and child and I hope you guys would pour your generous help as earlier when I was applying for my ILR.

So, I now have ILR (from Tier 2 General 5 year route), obtained in December 2021 . Meanwhile, my wife (Later my daughter) has completed about 2 and half year with me as Tier 2 dependants. Both of their current leave to remain will expire in September this year (2022). I now need to apply for their extension one more time.

I understand that I have to extend their visa under the same category as earlier (Tier 2 Dependant) until they complete the 5 year cycle. My questions are as follows.

1) What documents do I provide this time as my (sponsor's) visa category has changed from Tier 2 migrant to ILR holder.

2) Do I (the sponsor) has to still fulfil the salary requirement such as going rate for the SOC code that I was earlier sponsored for?

3) Do I have to show maintenance fund in my personal account? (My employer had previously ticked "Yes" for the maintenance in most recent CoS)

4) If I have to show maintenance fund then how much amount and for what period?

5) Do I have to attached my (Sponsor) Payslips with their extension application to prove the appropriate salary (going rate)?

I really hope you will help me sort out the questions that I have and allow me to prepare myself before the application date approaches near.

Apart from the above, I have a question related to child benefit, if it inappropriate to post the question here then I would be happy to write a new post in the relevant category.

6) The question I have is whether I can apply for child benefit as I now have ILR, but my daughter is still under Tier 2 Dependant visa.

I look forward to receiving your help and please let me know if you require any further information.

Have a good evening!

Thanks and regards,

Raheem

raheem_ehsan

Re: PBS Tier 2 Dependants of Main Migrant (Now with ILR)

Post by raheem_ehsan » Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:44 am

Dear Everyone,

May you please help me with the questions I have above so that I can plan accordingly and get the paper work ready for application. I would really appreciate your quick response.

Have a good day!

Kind regards

Raheem

ywlgy

Post by ywlgy » Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:02 pm

1. It will be similar to when you were still on Tier 2. The form will just ask some questions about your last CoS.
2. No
3. No maintenance evidence required if they have been in the UK for more than 12 months
4. N/A
5. No
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

Sheeja Kesavan
Newly Registered

Post by Sheeja Kesavan » Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:25 am

Hi
I am in the same situation . So we need to apply for extension as PBS dependent itself ?
Not on family visa .Is that correct ?

Could you please clarify which form should be used for extension

raheem_ehsan

Post by raheem_ehsan » Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:34 pm

Hi Sheeja Kesavan,

Sorry for the late response. I will be using the link for Skilled worker dependant visa category.

Best regards

Raheem

yoganandu
Newly Registered
India

Post by yoganandu » Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:59 pm

Hi

I am also in the same situation, I need to extend my Tier 2 dependant visa. But in my case the CoS was for 5 years and it is expiring . Do we need a new CoS from my wife's employer or we can refer the existing CoS which expires soon.

Thanks
Nandu

raheem_ehsan

Post by raheem_ehsan » Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:17 pm

Dear All,

I am a bit lost and very confused just before submitting the applications for my wife and child.

I followed the skilled worker dependant visa extension linkand landed where there are two separate links, one for "Partner" and the second one for "Child" (below) .

I filled the dependant "Partner" form using the link below and downloaded the filled form to crosscheck the information. There are couple of concerns

https://apply-to-visit-or-stay-in-the-u ... anner=true

1) The form did not ask me whether I (the sponsor) has acquired ILR or not. Is this ok?
2) At the end of the application, it did not allow me to further applicants such as my child. Is this ok?
3) The form shows "TYPE OF VISA/APPLICATION:" as Dependant Partner. Is this correct?

I then filled the dependant "child" form separetely from the link below

https://apply-to-visit-or-stay-in-the-u ... anner=true

4) This time the form asked questions regarding my ILR situation
5) At the end of eubmitting the details of the dependant child, it allows me to add another applicant either "PBS Dependant Child or PBS Dependant Partner" . Do I add my wife's details as another applicant?
6) The form shows "TYPE OF VISA / APPLICATION:" as PBS, Start-up, Innovator or Global Talent
dependant child. Is this correct?

Please let me know if I am missing something here as I really do not have much time to lose. The visa is expiring within a few days from now. I would really appreciate your help.

raheem_ehsan

Post by raheem_ehsan » Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:13 pm

Hi Everyone,

Can someone from the gurus help me please.

Thanks and regards

Raheem

rahne
Mood:
India

Post by rahne » Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:41 am

hi,

I am also on the same, confused here. Any info from anybody?