ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Skilled worker visa extension

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MarkCa

Skilled worker visa extension

Post by MarkCa » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:28 pm

Hello,

I am a director/owner of restaurant sponsoring immigrant workers. Some of them are on 3 year visa and would like to stay in the UK permanently (meaning one more visa extension, then ILR, then Citizenship).

My question is regarding their salary:

They are now sponsored workers earning XX,000gbp per year (based on initial deal, shown in COS etc). However, due to the cost of living and generally them being good employees, I would like to increase their salaries.

Now, since we are in hospitality industry, I can pay this as bonus or service charge (basically giving them higher percentage of tips and then increasing base salaries to other (non-visa) employees). However, when the time comes for them to extend their skilled immigrant visa, can this be an issue?

To confirm, I would be paying all extra payments legally (not by cash in hand) so they would have payslips showing additional bonuses/tips, as well as higher taxes.

Is this ok (considering that it is beneficial for both the worker and the UK economy) or I need to report their change in salary to Home Office even if I am paying bonuses?

COS only mentioned base salary (and clearly wrote excluding bonuses) so I am not sure what to do.

Thank you!

MarkCa

Re: Skilled worker visa extension

Post by MarkCa » Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:19 pm

Hi,

Which guide should I follow for extending visa of my employees?

I am helping them submit their applications, so I am not sure what I should do as sponsor and what evidence should they provide as part of the visa renewal/extension.

Is this considered as a new application (with new cos) and does it have to do anything with previous visa (salary, position, etc) or should I do the same as employing a completely new person (new cos which doesn't have to have same salary, working hours etc as previous cos)?

zimba
Mood:

Re: Skilled worker visa extension

Post by zimba » Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:19 am

Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice