ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Skilled Worker Visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

aleeMD
Newly Registered

Skilled Worker Visa

Post by aleeMD » Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:00 am

I am on a Tier 4 visa and got a Job offer from the employer who is also sponsoring my Skilled Visa Application.
One of the questions which their internal consultant has asked me is about claiming any benefits, to which I have answered NO. But they also asked if there was any reduction in council tax. Since I am a full-time International student in a postgraduate program, so there was not a reduction but exemption of council tax and I am not sure how to proceed with this. Since every full-time student is offered an exemption from council tax so there is no claim by the student in this case.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Skilled Worker Visa

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:49 am

aleeMD wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:00 am
I am on a Tier 4 visa and got a Job offer from the employer who is also sponsoring my Skilled Visa Application.
One of the questions which their internal consultant has asked me is about claiming any benefits, to which I have answered NO. But they also asked if there was any reduction in council tax. Since I am a full-time International student in a postgraduate program, so there was not a reduction but exemption of council tax and I am not sure how to proceed with this. Since every full-time student is offered an exemption from council tax so there is no claim by the student in this case.
The IC should gave Knowledge of your exemption from council tax. How to proceed??? Tell the IC you were exempted.

lolo2
Venezuela

Re: Skilled Worker Visa

Post by lolo2 » Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:38 am

aleeMD wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:00 am
One of the questions which their internal consultant has asked me is about claiming any benefits, to which I have answered NO. But they also asked if there was any reduction in council tax. Since I am a full-time International student in a postgraduate program, so there was not a reduction but exemption of council tax and I am not sure how to proceed with this.
I think that question about reduction in council tax is tied to the first one related to claiming benefits. People claiming benefits could be eligible for council tax reduction Apply for council tax reduction. The answer to that one should be 'no' too.

It has nothing to do with your council tax exemption as a full-time student. This is not claiming benefits.