ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from skilled worker to scale up visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Partoegypt
Newly Registered
Mood:
Egypt

Switching from skilled worker to scale up visa

Post by Partoegypt » Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:54 pm

Hi guys,

I am thinking to switch from a skilled worker visa (Tier 2 general) to the new visa called (scale up visa) without changing my employer, occupation, or even salary as all of them are eligible for the scale up visa. I've been working with the same employer for three and a half years so far and my question is does my work history count toward the 6 months of sponsership in the scale up visa or do I need to start counting these 6 months from the date of getting the scale up visa? Thanks

Sorry if I posted it in the wrong place but I cannot see a section for the scale up visa.

Regards,
Mo

Partoegypt
Newly Registered
Mood:
Egypt

Re: Switching from skilled worker to scale up visa

Post by Partoegypt » Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:10 pm

:?:

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:54 pm

this route has been opened less than 6 months ago, doubt anyone has proper experience on that
also I couldn't find any information about combining your visas with this, so if you switch, you (most likely) start your route to ILR anew.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Partoegypt
Newly Registered
Mood:
Egypt

Post by Partoegypt » Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:30 am

Thanks for your reply and yes I agree with you it is a fairly new visa as it got released on the 22nd of August this year and people might need more time to understand it properly. But it should not affect my current route toward the ILR as it is mentioned on the UK Gov website:

If you’ve had more than one visa
In the 5 years you’ve lived in the UK, you can include time you’ve had on any combination of the following visas:

• any Tier 1 visa - except Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur)
      Skilled Worker or Tier 2 (General)
        Scale-up Worker
          T2 Minister of Religion or Tier 2 (Minister of Religion)
            International Sportsperson, T2 Sportsperson or Tier 2 (Sportsperson)
              Innovator
                Global Talent
                  Representative of an Overseas Business

meself2
                Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:57 am

yep, my mistake there about nit being able to combine visas, apologies.
                but yea, the main question you'd have to ask UKVI or find out yourself, it hasn't even been 6 months since the visa was out, so I wouldn't expect any data to be available
                Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.