ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from student to skilled

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

fk85
Newly Registered

Switching from student to skilled

Post by fk85 » Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:04 pm

Hi,

I'm currently on a student visa until 2025, in a two-year program, of which the second year is a placement + thesis. I am a mature student with experience and am currently working part-time for a UK employer. My question is, if my employer wants to sponsor me, can I make the switch considering I'm just six months into my studies? Once I switch, I still want to be able to continue my studies and finish the program. Is that possible? I've read the govt website but it doesn't exactly specify if you can continue your studies after switching.

Any insights would be appreciated. Thankyou!

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Switching from student to skilled

Post by manci » Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:42 pm

fk85 wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:04 pm
I still want to be able to continue my studies and finish the program. Is that possible? I've read the govt website but it doesn't exactly specify if you can continue your studies after switching.
You are allowed to study if you have Skilled Worker permission (subject to ATAS) but it should not interfere with the work for which you have been sponsored. Read p56 of the caseworker guidance
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... worker.pdf
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice