ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 to ILR- becoming redundant while being on maternity leave

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Saps-2023
Newly Registered

Tier 2 to ILR- becoming redundant while being on maternity leave

Post by Saps-2023 » Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:47 pm

I am on maternity leave currently and due for ILR in sept 2023 through 5 year tier 2 route main applicant. My employer said my role is at risk of redundancy..... which is so unfortunate just before the ILR. Could you please help with options to save my ILR eligibilty? I know finding another sponsor is an option however during maternity and in this short time this isn't looking feasible for me. Does anyone know if employer can delay the redundancy decision till my ILR is filed which is sept 2023? Any success stories?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Tier 2 to ILR- becoming redundant while being on maternity leave

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:21 pm

Saps-2023 wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:47 pm
I am on maternity leave currently and due for ILR in sept 2023 through 5 year tier 2 route main applicant. My employer said my role is at risk of redundancy..... which is so unfortunate just before the ILR. Could you please help with options to save my ILR eligibilty? I know finding another sponsor is an option however during maternity and in this short time this isn't looking feasible for me. Does anyone know if employer can delay the redundancy decision till my ILR is filed which is sept 2023? Any success stories?
You will have to engage with with your employer on that possibility though they do hardly put considerations or human feelings to laying off, it's all about the bottom line

razergd1
Israel

Re: Tier 2 to ILR- becoming redundant while being on maternity leave

Post by razergd1 » Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:23 pm

Your employer should give you a letter stating that he still needs you for the job for the foreseeable future.

This should be a genuine intention, but if he can delay his decision to after you apply and agree to supply the letter and he had not made the decision yet then maybe with super priority you stand a chance.

But it is up to him, because of he will make you redundant few days after your ILR he might face problems.

This is my opinion anyhow. If you need professional advice contact a qualified advisor.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.
I take no responsibility for following them.