ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur Visa Extension to Start Up/Innovator (NHS Surcharge issue)

Only for Start-Up Visas and Innovator Visas

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MSS94
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur Visa Extension to Start Up/Innovator (NHS Surcharge issue)

Post by MSS94 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:42 pm

Hey guys,

So you may already know that the start-up and innovator visa was previously called Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur visa (Tier 1 GE). The Tier 1 GE visa was a 1 year + 1 year programme, whereas the start up and innovator is now 2 years.

I'm specifically having an issue with NHS Surcharge. The endorsing letter from my university clearly says I've already done my first year and that the second year is my extension which will be on the newly named programme 'start-up and innovator visa'. For some odd reason, the UK Home Office system have charged me NHS for 2 years, which means I've had to pay £400 extra just to get my application in. I'm assuming they haven't updated their payment system for extensions and have assumed anyone even switching to the Start Up and Innovator visa is going to have to pay for 2 years NHS.

I've tried contacting the UKVI number, email etc. and cannot get through. Even when I went for my appointment, the people dealing with uploading my documents could not really direct me with what I need to do to get my money back.

It would be great if anyone can assist me with how I can get back this extra year I've paid for NHS. Although, I'm also open to getting 2 years visa, but I highly doubt that this will be the case especially since the UKVI website states that if you've been on TIer 1 GE then you're only eligible for the extension, which makes perfect sense.

Thanks for your help and direction.

Mim

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur Visa Extension to Start Up/Innovator (NHS Surcharge issue)

Post by sah10406 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:25 am

See https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigrati ... on/refunds

It says contact UKVI within 6 weeks if you do not get a refund.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.