ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bring parents to uk in Tier1 visas

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jayacharm
Newly Registered

Bring parents to uk in Tier1 visas

Post by jayacharm » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:26 am

Dear Gurus and fellow members, has anyone tried to bring their parents to UK permanently under Tier 1 investor or entrepreneur visa? Do you think with Brexit the rules will get eased? Appreciate your thoughts as always. Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Bring parents to uk in Tier1 visas

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:34 am

Tier 1 entrepreneur route is closed now for new applications.

Also unclear if you are asking to apply as main pbs visa holders or as your dependents.

Brexit does NOT affect UK immigration visa applications. It affects EU citizens and their family in the EEA/EU route.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mehfuzpatel

Post by Mehfuzpatel » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:19 am

Hi CR....

Sorry to butt in but can You bring you parents who are above 60 and they don't have family in India if the son or a duaghter in UK are on tier1 ent?

jayacharm
Newly Registered

Post by jayacharm » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:25 am

Thank you CR.
I am an only child and soon to be British citizen. I understand the current restrictions to bring parents to UK permanently. I am asking if anyone’s parents used a different route such as a Tier route to come to UK on their own, not as dependants and was successful. I know one family whose parents applied through HSMP back then and now they are settled in the UK.
The Brexit reference I made was to know your thoughts if UK will loosen the tight rules for bringing parents of settled immigrant families to UK, as Brexit may have an impact in UK’s outlook of sourcing and keeping the talent and non EU workforce in the UK after Brexit.
Also having read in the internet regarding past parliamentary online petitions on this matter, I see that in a recent highly debated petition, some MPs have strongly expressed that UK should have a middle ground on this matter rather than being overly strict and tight. I welcome your thoughts on how you see this debate will develop over the next years. Do you anticipate any change to this rules as UK’s immigration policies change in the backdrop of Brexit? Thank you.

Another question I have is, if parents get a long term visitor visa, can they only stay max six month in the uk per year or can they stay for 6 month and return and come back again? Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:12 am

UK is unlikely to make it easier to bring elderly parents, not necessarily talent, to the UK.

A visitor visa holder cannot be spending more in the UK than they do in the home country or other country of residence. They risk be refused entry and their visitor visa cancelled.

There are some, very few, who used tier 1 entrepreneur for parents. However this route is closed now for new applications.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:17 am

Mehfuzpatel wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:19 am
Hi CR....

Sorry to butt in but can You bring you parents who are above 60 and they don't have family in India if the son or a duaghter in UK are on tier1 ent?
No you cant. Tier 1 does not permit all family, it only allows spouse and children.
Char (CR001 not Casa)