ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

can we swipe the investment within two companies

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nasiaziz
Member of Standing

can we swipe the investment within two companies

Post by nasiaziz » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:33 pm

hi
this is a question for a friend whos got his extention last year november and due for ilr in october,
He has two companies A & B
in company A he invested £155000 as a share capital and in company B £50000 share capital before he applied for extention,
now the thing is his second company B is running good and the first company A is not doing very well he wants to withdraw the capital of £100k from
company A and invest it in company B as a share capital so the total remains 200k thou he doesnt has to submit his financial accounts for
ilr because points for investment were granted already in extention would this be any problem in ilr ?
his two jobs are running good one within each company,
thanks

nasiaziz
Member of Standing

Re: can we swipe the investment within two companies

Post by nasiaziz » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:56 pm

hi zimba or any one can reply
thanks

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:12 pm

First, people will respond when they get the time.
The moderators are all volunteers and do have other things to do besides helping out at this forum.

Now, to the main question.

There are no requirements on maintaining the investment amount once investment has been approved during the extension.

So, it is not relevant for ILR.

But, on a completely unrelated area, I find it the terminology "withdraw the capital" interesting. You can't withdraw capital. Also, if the company is not doing well, how can there be any capital to "withdraw" ?
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

nasiaziz
Member of Standing

Post by nasiaziz » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:25 pm

marcnath wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:12 pm
First, people will respond when they get the time.
The moderators are all volunteers and do have other things to do besides helping out at this forum.

Now, to the main question.

There are no requirements on maintaining the investment amount once investment has been approved during the extension.

So, it is not relevant for ILR.

But, on a completely unrelated area, I find it the terminology "withdraw the capital" interesting. You can't withdraw capital. Also, if the company is not doing well, how can there be any capital to "withdraw" ?
thanks for your reply
i mean the company use to do online sales but due to problems with amazon it stopped so the sales are very low at the moment but the capital is in cash form in the bank by withdrawing i meant to take it out of this company and invest it in the second company which deals in cars and they need more cash there to buy stock, i hope its clear now

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:10 pm

If you have given a loan, you can withdraw the loan. UKVI can question you and demand to see you invested 200K in business even in the ILR stage. So as long as you have evidence that the full money is invested you should be free to do as you wish your money
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

nasiaziz
Member of Standing

Post by nasiaziz » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:15 pm

Zimba wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:10 pm
If you have given a loan, you can withdraw the loan. UKVI can question you and demand to see you invested 200K in business even in the ILR stage. So as long as you have evidence that the full money is invested you should be free to do as you wish your money
thank you zimba
the investment is in share capital form so can we not just reduce the number of shares and increase in the second company
thanks

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:24 pm

nasiaziz wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:15 pm
Zimba wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:10 pm
thank you zimba
the investment is in share capital form so can we not just reduce the number of shares and increase in the second company
thanks
You are overthinking this. If you want to restructure your companies, talk to your accountant. There is no impact on immigration rules for this.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.