ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confusion over COA and Visas??

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

BigBlueEyes
Newly Registered

Confusion over COA and Visas??

Post by BigBlueEyes » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:09 pm

My partner currently has his own business and has a visa which says this. We have recently applied for a Certificate of Approval (we haven't herd any news yet) but i'm just wondering what will happen when we and if we get the COA agreed?
His current visa is for another 2 years, then i think (but i may be wrong), he can apply for indefinate leave to remain. Is this right? he has had is current visa for 1 year already and he also had his first visa for another year before that. If we get agreed for a COA would he be able to work elsewhere or does he need a change of visa? if so, what visa will he need to apply for, to be able to work anywhere? And will this affect his time for getting ILR if he applies for a different visa?

Thank You so much for any help. it will be most appreciated

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:45 am

A COA gives only permission for marriage in the UK. It has no bearing on working nor immigration status.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

BigBlueEyes
Newly Registered

Post by BigBlueEyes » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:06 pm

Thank you very much for your reply. Do you know what type of visa he can apply for to be able to work anywhere and if he does change his visa is the counter reset, so to speak, for the amount of time he has left to get ILR? or does his previous 2 and a half years here already count?

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:54 pm

If you are British or have ROA or are settled, then after marriage, he may switch to FLR(M) (285) and subsequently apply for SET(M) (288).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

BigBlueEyes
Newly Registered

Post by BigBlueEyes » Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:33 pm

Thank You so so much, that really helps. I think after having a brief read through, he'll probably keep his Business Visa or whatever they call it now. Thank You again.