ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Visa extension need Help

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Makhdoom
Newly Registered

Dependent Visa extension need Help

Post by Makhdoom » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:30 pm

I'm the main applicant and I've applied for ILR (t1 entrepreneur) in March and my application is under consideration. I'd applied for my wife visa extension in April & got an email from home office

To assist with your application we require additional supporting documents as per paragraph 319C(d) of the Immigration Rules which states:

“The marriage or civil partnership, or relationship similar to marriage or civil partnership, must be genuine and subsisting at the time the application is made.”

1)Please provide a selection of documents for you and your partner covering the last 12 months. Documents of interest include bank statements, council tax bills and utility bills. You may also wish to provide additional documents but are not required to provide an excessive amount of documents. Please can you return this documents by scanning and responding to this email.

2)Furthermore, a separate email has been sent to your as you have only paid £200.00 for Immigration Health Surcharge but you are required to pay £1,200.00 for 3 years further leave to remain. Please note leave that leave to remain is normally granted in line with your sponsor or where your sponsor achieves indefinite leave to remain then this would be 3 years. This 3 years is unrelated to when you may be eligible to apply for indefinite leave to remain yourself.

3)In addition, please email your application documents that contain your written consent and also your partner’s.

I can understand the 2nd point very well but Can anyone please help me to let me know what sort of documents I should submit now to satisfy point 1 and specially 3?

marcnath

Re: Dependent Visa extension need Help

Post by marcnath » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:54 pm

Point 1 is cohabitation documents as they have stated. It needs to show you and your partner having the same address and should be spread over a period of time - maybe over 2 years.

Point 3 is possibly the consent letter that you normally find at the end of the application where you allow HO to check with your bank and other organisations to verify the documents you send. They need it now as you will be providing new documents for 1
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Makhdoom
Newly Registered

Post by Makhdoom » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:06 pm

Thank you very much for your reply.

I'm thinking to send

1) Marriage Certificate
2)Tenancy agreements+ Council Tax letters (we both have names written on it) from Jan 2017 till date.

Will that be enough?

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:22 am

Makhdoom wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:06 pm
Thank you very much for your reply.

I'm thinking to send

1) Marriage Certificate
2)Tenancy agreements+ Council Tax letters (we both have names written on it) from Jan 2017 till date.

Will that be enough?
Ideally have more official documents - bank statements, utility bills, etc. They don't have to have both names on it - it can be addressed to each of you individually at the same address.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.