ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependents of main applicant that is British Citizen now

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

QSDanik
Mood:

Dependents of main applicant that is British Citizen now

Post by QSDanik » Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:26 pm

Hello Friends
thankyou for your all guidnace now I have received British Citizen ship, it was long journey from Tier 1, 5 year and then ILR and now finally Citizen. Thankyou for all your guigance and support thorughout this journey.

I need to ask about my dependents ( wife and Children) that are on Tier 1 Depenent visa from Feb 2020.

1-My Wife also came was in UK from August 2016 to August 2017, and then went to paksitan. her tier 1 dependent visa got expired in NOV 20217. I had my Tier 1 extention from NOV 2017, but for my wife we didt apply, so since NOV 2017 to Feb 2020, my wife has not tier 1 visa. So she came to UK again in Feb2020 so I think her clock for 5 year started from Feb 2020 for 5 years but i am just looking if there is any way she can apply for indefinate leave to remain before FEb 2025.

2- it still my wife and Kids has to complete 5 years from Feb 2020. will they still applying for Tier 1 dependent visas?
Thankyou

marcnath

Re: Dependents of main applicant that is British Citizen now

Post by marcnath » Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:06 pm

QSDanik wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:26 pm
Hello Friends
thankyou for your all guidnace now I have received British Citizen ship, it was long journey from Tier 1, 5 year and then ILR and now finally Citizen. Thankyou for all your guigance and support thorughout this journey.

I need to ask about my dependents ( wife and Children) that are on Tier 1 Depenent visa from Feb 2020.

1-My Wife also came was in UK from August 2016 to August 2017, and then went to paksitan. her tier 1 dependent visa got expired in NOV 20217. I had my Tier 1 extention from NOV 2017, but for my wife we didt apply, so since NOV 2017 to Feb 2020, my wife has not tier 1 visa. So she came to UK again in Feb2020 so I think her clock for 5 year started from Feb 2020 for 5 years but i am just looking if there is any way she can apply for indefinate leave to remain before FEb 2025.

2- it still my wife and Kids has to complete 5 years from Feb 2020. will they still applying for Tier 1 dependent visas?
Thankyou
1. Yes, the clock starts again, so it is Feb 2025 for ILR application
2. Yes, they will continue to apply for Tier 1 dependent visa
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:12 pm

Just to add that children do NOT have a residence requirement at all. Non-UK born children can settle when both parents are settled. :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

QSDanik
Mood:

Post by QSDanik » Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:50 pm

Thankyou Marcnath and Zimba for your time answering my query.
Both My wife and my children complete 5 year on tier 1 visa in Feb 2025.For my kids and wife it is same time.

what is best and cheaper option.

1- If I only apply my wife in Feb 2025 for ILR and we both (parents become settles ) then we apply for children indeifnate leave ... or visa we apply for childeren??

2- or my wife and childern apply for ILR togather in Feb 2025
thankyou in advance

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:17 pm

Children can settle with the parents, so they all apply together
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice