ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

director resigned will impact T1 visa extention

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mandolin119
Newly Registered
China

director resigned will impact T1 visa extention

Post by Mandolin119 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:25 am

I'm currently under T1 (Entrepreneur) visas with director loan. Recently I found out company suddenly change the company name and resigned my director role on company house 20 days ago.

1. was this would impact my future visa extension?
2. I have no clue when they will put me back, i'm push it. how long the gap can be may cause impact for future extentsion?
3. lately our company restructure. If company change name, can previous job creation under previous name still can be count?
4. if company create new company and move previous staff to new company, and ask every one re sign the new contract. those job creation with in previous company still count? if need to restart count, does it means i can create the total amount of jobs for this company as they all re-sign the new contract?

marcnath

Re: director resigned will impact T1 visa extention

Post by marcnath » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:18 am

Mandolin119 wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:25 am
I'm currently under T1 (Entrepreneur) visas with director loan. Recently I found out company suddenly change the company name and resigned my director role on company house 20 days ago.

1. was this would impact my future visa extension?
2. I have no clue when they will put me back, i'm push it. how long the gap can be may cause impact for future extentsion?
3. lately our company restructure. If company change name, can previous job creation under previous name still can be count?
4. if company create new company and move previous staff to new company, and ask every one re sign the new contract. those job creation with in previous company still count? if need to restart count, does it means i can create the total amount of jobs for this company as they all re-sign the new contract?
1. No, not as long as you are Director of any company OR registered as self-employed before your extension application
2. See answer to 1
3. Yes
4. Yes

While you might be able to meet the points qualification criteria, your description clearly raises the question whether you are a genuine entrepreneur.
It is not clear how a genuine entrepreneur would not even be aware of the changes to company - why were you not a part of the decision making ?
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.