ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I need immigration lawyer for Tier 1 extension ?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

iocam
Newly Registered
Mood:
Vietnam

Post by iocam » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:38 am

Hello everyone. I wish everyone is good and sound.

I went through the online application. I also checked with my accountant who handles quite some Tier 1 client. online application seems not complicated and I believe I can handle. However, my accountant told me to have an immigration lawyer. He told me cannot risk for failure. So I am confused. Anyone can advise me?

How much will it cost for helping the extension submission? Family of 4, 2 adult 2 children. I am in Birmingham.

Any recommended immigration lawyer in Birmingham? not expensive but good.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Do I need immigration lawyer for Tier 1 extension ?

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:23 am

Members are not permitted to post names and details of solicitors on the forum.

Many do not use a solicitor and apply themselves with help from the forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

iocam
Newly Registered
Mood:
Vietnam

Post by iocam » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:15 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:23 am
Members are not permitted to post names and details of solicitors on the forum.

Many do not use a solicitor and apply themselves with help from the forum.
Thank you for your reminder. if any member can PM me any idea is highly appreciated.

With no name, usually how much an immigration lawyer charge for an extension application? I believe the number has no contradiction. I see somewhere in this forum mentioned £300, some mention £1500. but not mentioned if they are lawyer, personal help, or what status??? any rough idea for me (no concrete number).

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:39 pm

Thank you for your reminder. if any member can PM me any idea is highly appreciated.
You don't have access to the privilege of the PM function as a newly registered member.
With no name, usually how much an immigration lawyer charge for an extension application? I believe the number has no contradiction. I see somewhere in this forum mentioned £300, some mention £1500. but not mentioned if they are lawyer, personal help, or what status??? any rough idea for me (no concrete number).
There is no 'standard one size fits all' fee. It varies greatly from company to company. You will need to find someone you feel comfortable with if you choose to use a solicitor or advisor.

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

https://www.gov.uk/find-an-immigration-adviser
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

iocam
Newly Registered
Mood:
Vietnam

Post by iocam » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:58 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:39 pm
You don't have access to the privilege of the PM function as a newly registered member.
Oh I like the forum since 2,3, years ago. But since I don't have a need I just read and no registration. Oh anyway, possible to send me email: iocam2016@gmail.com
There is no 'standard one size fits all' fee. It varies greatly from company to company. You will need to find someone you feel comfortable with if you choose to use a solicitor or advisor.

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

https://www.gov.uk/find-an-immigration-advisero
a

Thank you. I will have a look. I will also search some local lawyers here. Stratford road, Sparkhill, city centre has alot, just do not know who is good.

You are so friendly and helpful. If you are a immigration lawyer I must use. No question. Cheers :)

iocam
Newly Registered
Mood:
Vietnam

Post by iocam » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:41 am

Hello everyone,

Can someone help and send me some good immigration lawyer in Birmingham

I still want to help from lawyer for my extension application? if possible
(I cannot use PM as new user. I used to be CD-ROM, aka read only. not really new user, but anyway)... Many Many thanks.

** Email removed ***

You have been warned that sharing of that information is not allowed in this forum.
Sharing of your personal details is also not allowed.

Treat this as a warning