ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employment Tribunal issues

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

iaycis
Newly Registered

Employment Tribunal issues

Post by iaycis » Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:26 pm

Hi there,

I am on a T1 visa and recently I have dismissed some employees while I have paid the money I should for a dismissal. Now this employee is claiming extra compensation with the reason of Race Discrimination and Unfair Dismissal/Breach of contract through ACAS and probably bringing this to Employment Tribunal.

My question is, if this is brought to the Tribunal, will that have any effect for my extension or applying for other visa type if I win or lose the case?

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Regards

marcnath

Re: Employment Tribunal issues

Post by marcnath » Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:19 pm

iaycis wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:26 pm
Hi there,

I am on a T1 visa and recently I have dismissed some employees while I have paid the money I should for a dismissal. Now this employee is claiming extra compensation with the reason of Race Discrimination and Unfair Dismissal/Breach of contract through ACAS and probably bringing this to Employment Tribunal.

My question is, if this is brought to the Tribunal, will that have any effect for my extension or applying for other visa type if I win or lose the case?

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Regards
No reason why it should
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

iaycis
Newly Registered

Post by iaycis » Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:40 pm

Hi Marcnath,

Thank you for your reply.

Just another quick question, so if I win or lose the case, or in the process where the decision from the Tribunal has not came out, will I need to fill in about the case information on my extension or other UK visa application?

Thank you.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:51 pm

iaycis wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:40 pm
Hi Marcnath,

Thank you for your reply.

Just another quick question, so if I win or lose the case, or in the process where the decision from the Tribunal has not came out, will I need to fill in about the case information on my extension or other UK visa application?

Thank you.
You shouldn't need to.

I am not an expert, but for one - the case would against your business, not you personally. Unless you are found criminally negligent and charged personally, I can't see why it would be relevant.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.